Chapter 16 ❌

"Bec, can you go to the hospital I forgot a bag there yesterday?" I hear my Mom say from the kitchen.

I walk in there to see her chopping fruit.

"Yeah, sure Mom." I reply before going outside and grabbing my bike, The ride to the hospital was silent, but a relaxing silent.

I watch the trees go by and I'm at the hospital in no time.

I walk to the room my mom was in, and I grab the bag she left.

I was ready to go back home but a quiet sob made me curious,

They say Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back.

Ladies and Gents, I'm about to get my satisfaction.

**
I walk to the sound of the sobs and I know I probably shouldn't.

"Miss. Your not supposed to be here." A nurse said.

Yep I probably shouldn't be doing this but I have a strange attraction to the person crying. "Oh- um I'm just visiting someone." I lie, I know I lied.

I don't like doing it, but I'm just obsessed over this.

Weird I know, but it would be boring without weirdos, so stay weird my friends.

"Okay, have a nice day." She smiles and I nod, politely smiling.

I walk to the room of the person crying and I peek in the door, who I see surprises the hell  out of me.

"Alex?" I whisper softly.

He looks in shock, which is a understatement of his expression, he's been crying no doubt, he has bags under his red-rimmed eyes and a frown etched onto his beautiful face, even when feeling like crap.

"Rebecca." He whispers.

"Can I come in?" I ask.

"It's better if you don't." He says, and I admit it kinda hurt, but it shouldn't he's in pain and can't help it.

I walk in anyway and what I see takes my breath away, there lies a girl about the age of fifteen and, she looks like Alex, the black hair and everything, she is absolutely beautiful.

I can tell when she opens her eyes it'd be a deep blue like Alex's.
"Now you know," Alex whispers.

"Now you know that it's all my fault."  He choked on a sob,

I run over to him pulling him into my arms. "Alex. Sweetie, what's your fault?"

I ask my boyfriend.

"I practically killed my mom and my sister is as good as dead," He motions to the girl lying motionless on the bed.

"My Dad, he hates me and blames me so, I just believe him." He mumbles and a few tears slip out.

"Alex, tell me what happened I'm sure it's not your fault." I whisper holding him tighter.

"No, you'll just blame me like he did and I'll lose you, I can't lose you, I love you, Bec."

I look at him and he looks so vulnerable, so vulnerable that it makes me want to cry, he's in so much pain probably in even more pain when I lost him.

"Alex. You'll never lose me I love you, no matter what I'll always love you, Alex." He looks me in the eye and I stare right back.

"I was sixteen, and learning to drive so I could get my learners permit, my Mom was in the car and my sister thirteen at the time, I was driving the car when a drunk driver collided with us, I was the one who could've saved them, it's all my fault Bec. Lydia, my sister has been in a coma for two years, she's missed two years of her life because of me! My mom is buried six feet under because of me how could you love a monster like me?"

I look at him, I mean really look at him and I see a vulnerable, sweet guy that's just hurt.
"Are you stupid?" I ask.

"What?"  He chokes out looking kinda hurt. "

"It's not your fault Alex! it's the stupid drunk driver's fault, he killed your Mom and put your sister in a coma not you, Alex! Your Dad should also see, that  it's not your fault, and if I see him you might have to restrain me because I'm going to put some serious sense in his head, and your not a monster, I love you Alex."

He looks at me and musters a small a smile. "I love you Rebecca." He says, and I smile leaning in to kiss him.

"Finally! someone knocks some sense into you." A raspy voice says from the other side of the room. Alex looks at me and gasp.

"Is that..." and I nod, smiling,

It sure is his sister, Lydia waking up after two years in a coma.
***