020

choi saerah's pov

narrative part

i just reached guanlin's apartment. it says level 7, i pressed onto level 7. "unit number 42?" the lift door opened and i searched for unit number 42.

i pressed on the bell a few times. actually, i felt weak. thats something that i didnt have before. probably because of the wound.

the door opened, and a middle-aged lady appeared. "她就是那个女孩?(shes that girl?)" i understand it. "yes, i am." i spoke in chinese. i learnt it because my father forced me to learn, as my step mother is actually half chinese.

"this is my mother." its guanlin. well, i do recognize him because i just met him a few days ago. "come in." his mother said and i did so. his house looks so luxurious. "ill bring you to your room."

suddenly, all the things im seeing started to multiply. i see 3 guanlin. i started feeling giddy and all, and soon, i passed out.

lai guanlin's pov

"she cut herself." huh? she cut? "look at this." my mother showed me her wrist. it has lots of lines, and it looks like it is cut recently. "i think she suffered depression." i predicted.

"she probably just cut, but due to lost of blood, she fell unconscious. do you know her well?" i shook my head. "i just met her like 2 weeks ago, but i can assure you that shes good." well, obviously she is.

"ill believe you. let her rest a while and she should be awake."

i stared at her for a while. "i dont think ill ever take back my first word for you, you look cute. you do really look cute." i chuckled to myself, before leaving her room.