Reunion

As his hand snuck under my skirt and searched for its target, which was most likely my clit, I shivered from the warmth of his hand slowly, temptingly going up my thigh. Without warning, Ryan's hands stopped only an inch away from my panty and pulled away just a little from my lips. I opened my eyes that I didn't know were close and looked Ryan in his. 

He seemed relieved and tense free now but one little kiss could never relax him that much, right? 

"Are you sure you want to have sex? You just not two seconds ago told me your depressing life story." Ryan's voice was breathless and husky, which turned me on more. 

"True, but are you willing to give up sex for such a useless reason."

Ryan watched me in a are - you - serious way. "You were crying, Sonya."

"What can I say, my body betrays me on a daily basis."

Ryan gently rested me on the floor and looked down at me, I looked up at him without saying a word. I wanted to shout at him for being an idiot and stopping us from having sex but then I also wanted to shout at him for letting Richard anywhere near me. He might not have known about Richard but an angry woman gets angry at every mistake a man makes, some might think through before they explode but I wasn't that kind of girl. 

The little sanity that remained in my mind screamed for me to not shout at Ryan but the voice wasn't loud enough. I pushed away from Ryan even though we were a reasonable distance away from each other already, the further away the better for my nails. 

"You had Richard here!" I shouted, Ryan's eyes went wide and he seemed confused. 

"Huh?"

"Don't huh me idiota, you had that stupido idiota near me." I was trying to mock his Italian slur but then it dawned on me that I'm insulting my own nation as well. 

"I didn't know about all of that when I invited him over." But he did invite him over for something. 

"Every female in the mafia and assassin industry hates Richard."

"And how am I to know that?" He got me there. 

"Then what was the reason for Richard being in your house when I was as well? I know a good bit about Richard and he doesn't just come to someone's house without getting money in return," Ryan made a frustrated expression and passed his hand through his messy curly hair.

"He came over to check you out." 

"Check me out?" Ryan's hand glided along his jawline, perfectly angles with a few hairs that he still hadn't shaved even though I had returned, and lets out a deep throaty sigh. "I'm sorry I didn't know I was an item on a shelf."

"It's not like that Sonya." He tried to reason with me but a part of me didn't want to hear anything he wants to say. 

"Then tell me, Ryan."

"I can't just be having sex with you all the time and not know if you have diseases or virus, you could be an assassin wanting to kill me." I blinked.

"So asking was out of the question?" I asked calmly.

"Yeah and trust what you said?" he answered my question with a question and right then I knew I was getting the upper hand in the situation. 

"But you said you trusted me back when I first came so what changed?" 

He made a face of pure anger and frustration that made me step back a little but not too much, I should be running for the hills but I stayed because no matter what Ryan said he wouldn't hurt me, didn't he? I couldn't remember but if he did hurt me I could just call Emily and be out of here in a matter of minutes. 

"I trusted you, yes but I couldn't take a risk on something as valuable as my life." What was so important about his life? Being in the Mafia industry your life is the least of your concern. The most important thing to a mafia is their mafia and their family, their life is a close fourth to a fifth important thing. 

"Why is your life so important?" I taunted. 

Ryan's face went hard as he stood there staring at me, his eyes were filled to the brim with anger but he kept his composure making it seem as if nothing was wrong. "I have no time for this." was all he said as he turned on his heel and walked out the room making sure to close and lock his door. 

Once again I was locked in Ryan's room with no exit and nothing but my playful imagination to entertain me. Who am I kidding? Being in this room is claustrophobic and it drains everything out of a person. Not because the room is small, Ryan's room is everything but small yet seeing the same grey walls over and over again get to you in a bad way. 

It at least gave me enough time to think up some reasons why Ryan's life was so important to him. The Italian mafia leader is at least in his late seventies and thanks to a lifetime of smoking and gun powder his days are numbered. Considering Tony, Florde and Vee are all too young to take over the mafia and provide an heir in time that left the oldest Ryan. But Ryan had told me he already accepted that he was next to the leadership in the Mafia. 

That makes his life worthless but when you think it over you could easily see if the Mafia leader kicked the bucket and Ryan also die the mafia will be left without a leader and instantly falter. Nevertheless, desperate times call for desperate measures meaning that whoever is family to the mafia leader will become a leader and if the family dies out then the beta will take over. 

That brings Ryan life right back to worthless, which doesn't explain why he cares about his life so much and why he would bring Richard to do a 'check-up' on me. All this just to prove Ryan wrong and make sure I'm right, it's giving me all a headache and it seems like I'm being petty. 

For all I knew his reason could be as simple as just wanting to live for once or he doesn't want to suffer a painful death from HIV, I was too chicken to find out. I had pushed Ryan far, not as far as when I ran away but far enough that he totally forgot what he was going to do. 

"Accusing a guy of something he had no control over drives him crazy, who knew?" I told myself. 

I looked around the room to see if I could at least find my suitcase but to my despair, it wasn't here. I needed to entertain myself since Ryan doesn't want me to see his siblings. Maybe a little game of Silent Sonya will do him good, as he had done me a few weeks ago, just ignore his existence until he breaks or until he's ready to break me. 

How fun.