Return to me

"You know if your brothers and husband find you they will be royally pissed?" Kaylee warned me as I packed my bag. I wasn't really listening to Kaylee, more focused on wanting to have my own clothes with me when I go back to Ryan, to avoid using all Ryan's shirts. I wanted clothes that I bought at Macy's and old navy, not clothes that were made by Louis Vuitton or Giovinco. I remember all the times I had to wear Ryan's shirt as a dress or one of his past mistresses dress.

"I know," I said as I shoved my black converse into the bag. I zipped up my bag and looked at Kaylee with pleading eyes.

"How are you so sure that Ryan will take you back?" Kaylee asked. As much as it hurt me to say, Kaylee had a point - I had no clue but all I had to do was hope for the best.

I pretended to ignore Kaylee's question but answered it in my mind, I didn't know what the answer was and that scared me. I picked up my bag from the bed and hauled it over my shoulder, it was heavy but I still hold it close to me.

"Are you packing any guns?" I shook my head. Why should I pack any guns - if I die I die, I signed up for this job and that's the consequence.

"Sonya you're going into a house full of Italian mafia members after running away, you should carry some protection." Kaylee pushed, I passed the hand that wasn't holding the bag through my hair and sigh.

"Kaylee if I carry guns he wouldn't trust me." I pleaded with her, she shook her head and passed a hand through her own hair.

"You ran away after he gave you the best time of your life, either way, you take it he's not going to trust you. I don't care, Sonya, better lose his trust than your life." I shook my head and my bag on my shoulder.

"Let's go," I said as I got a tighter hold on my bag, Kaylee looked at me with a frown before nodding her head and picking up my other bag.

"Look at the floor and let me do all the talking," Kaylee stated.

I nodded and pushed myself to walk to the door and open it cautiously, Adam and Avgust sat on the living room couch talking about something that must have happened when I was gone.

"Yea but dad said he doesn't care." Avgust was saying to Adam, Adam shook his head and rested his hands on his knees.

"I told you not to do it, is Alexey coming with you this time?" Adam asked, Avgust nodded his head.

"You know they wouldn't let me into the compound without Alexey."

Kaylee cleared her throat from behind me and stepped forward in front of me blocking me from my brothers' view. I took a deep breath and watched the floor.

"Where are you going?" Avgust asked as he watched Kaylee guardedly, the back story between those two never cease to amuse me.

When I had come out of the fighting academy I brought Kaylee home with me since she had told her parents she was in China for the year. Unlike Alexey who greeted Kaylee the respectful way of 'Hi, how are you?' Avgust smacked Kaylee in the rare and whispered in her ear - and I quote - 'You would be fun for the night.'

Kaylee did the smart thing and punched him in the face- repeatedly- until Adam came to his rescue, he asked me a couple weeks later why I didn't help him and I nonchalantly replied 'Don't touch what kills.'

Snapping back to reality I listened in on what Kaylee was saying.

"She's coming with me. Problem?" I heard Avgust getting up from the couch hastily.

"Hell yes, I have a problem. She has to stay here with Alfonso to keep safe." Avgust argued.

"She'll be with the Greek mafia leader, she's safer than a diamond in the museum," Kaylee said, I heard the smirk in her voice.

"Kaylee the answer is no, she's staying here," Avgust said in a warning tone. Kaylee laughed and stepped forward.

"And do what? Make babies with Speedy Gonzales." Kaylee asked as she grabbed my hand and started to drag me to the front door.

Avgust walked over to us and grabbed my other hand.

"No way is she going with you," Avgust said as he pulled my hand.

I looked up and opened my mouth to argue but Kaylee's fist moves faster than my words. Kaylee fist connected with Avgust face with a stomach-wrenching crack and it's only then did I hear when my bag, which Kaylee had, drop to the floor. Avgust hold on my hand was lost and his fist was up as well.

Avgust threw a punch at Kaylee aiming for her face but she pulled to the side just in time to dodge the punch making Avgust hit thin air, she pushed my head to the side and punched Avgust in the face again. Avgust stepped back and wiped the blood from his nose on the back of his hand.

"Avgust, what's all the noise about?" Alfonso was now in the situation which meant things were about to get rated-R.

"Alfonso, oh how I missed you," Kaylee said with an ice cold expression, the backstory between these two is pretty simple. Alfonso sister is Kaylee's best friend so one Christmas Kaylee spends her holiday with Alfonso's sister with her son William and Alfonso found it would have been funny to hide William and send Kaylee on a wild goose chase. Long story short Kaylee killed twenty members from Alfonso's mafia.

Alfonso also almost killed Kaylee after she got a hold of a drug that his mafia wanted, that was back in the day when Kaylee was an assassin - well she was turning into a mafia member but still worked up the assassins. And the worst part is... Kaylee's ex -that wants her back desperately - is Alfonso's second in command and tries to get her back at every chance he gets.

"Diabla, what brings you here? Hell is that way." Alfonso says as he points down to his feet, Kaylee rolled her eyes, picked the bag back up and turned her back to him as she pulled me along with her.

"Where are you taking her?" Alfonso asked as he followed us, Kaylee ignored him and continued to pull me along.

"Puta, I'm speaking to you!" Alfonso's voice grew at an alarming rate but Kaylee didn't seem to care.

Kaylee pulled me to the front door and out we were in the cold night. Night? How long was I really here? Next to a Range Rover stood Kaylee's boyfriend Akiva, the tall white-haired white boy never seems to see eye to eye with me and I never knew why. He would act distance, shy and at sometimes uncomfortable. 

He looked at me then almost instantly looked away and in the direction of Kaylee, Kaylee never noticed. 

"Akiva, watch Sonya. I'm going to get William." Kaylee said as she threw my bags to the floor in Akiva's direction, my eyes went wide as I looked at her.

"Kaylee! My clothes are in there." I said with a stamp of my feet, Kaylee just watched with a straight face and walked away. 

Akiva walked over and picked up the bag from the floor in such silence, I watched him as he opened the trunk and threw my bag into the back seat of the Rover. I walked over and put the bag that was on my shoulder in the trunk. 

It took Kaylee less than a minute to come back outside with William hooked on her waist, William was a daddy's boy, taking all his father's charms. His dark brown hair, his face structure his nose, they all screamed Max except for his light brown eyes that he got from Kaylee. The kid was dressed in a polo shirt, dark jeans and the latest Nikes, the kid dressed better than me. 

"Okay, Let's go before Alfonso comes," Kaylee said as she rushed to the Range Rover to the front seat as if the name 'Alfonso' put Akiva in a gear he jumped into the driver seat and anxiously waited for me to get into the car. I just stood there for a minute thinking, did I really want to go back? 

Yeah, I wanted this.

But what if he kills you? - subconscious,

He wouldn't do that.

He's the firstborn son of the Italian mafia, he was taught not to care at a very young age. - Subconscious,

I trust him, he wouldn't hurt me.

The front door swung open and Alfonso rushed off with a gun in hand, I looked at him and he looked at me. I ran to the Ranger Rover and jumped into the back seat, before I could even close the door Akiva was driving. 

But does he trust you? - Subconscious.