Chapter 6

It was late when we arrived back at Baker Street, it was late, so I went up to my room to go to bed.

I ended up lying in bed, trying to cry myself to sleep. This could not all be happening to me. Now I was eager for the ball, so that I could get revenge for what he did to my mum.

When I finally managed to fall asleep, it was quite restless and I only managed to get a few hours of solid rest.

The next morning, I woke up to find that my uncle was sitting in a chair in the corner of the room.

"Good morning, kiddo," he said with a half smile.

"Good morning," I replied, "why are you in here?"

"I didn't want to leave you alone... just in case you got any 'ideas.' Hurry up and get ready so I can take you home to get your things."

He stood up and crossed the room towards the bed and sat next to me, grabbing my hands.

"You're going to stay here, with me. And Charlie, I promise that I would never let anything happen to you. I love you." he said, pulling me into a tight embrace.

"I love you too," I said, burying my face into his chest.

When he got up and left, I got out of bed and i pulled my hair into a messy bun, then i got changed into black leggings a black tank top, my favourite long cardigan, and a colourful infinity scarf my mum got for me in the states.

When I was finished, I went to the kitchen and was handed an omelette that John made for me, and proceeded to sit in the living room. I sat in John's chair directly across from Sherlock, and felt incredibly awkward while he watched me eat.

When I finished, I cleaned up my dishes, and met John outside, where he had already hailed a cab.

"Ready?" he asked.

"As I'll ever be," I replied, as I climbed into the cab.

It was silent the entire ride. John held my hand and I looked out the window, while I listened to music.

After an hour, we got to my ho- well, I guess it's my old house now, and I hesitated before I got out of the car. John got out first and held the door open for me. He told the cabbie to wait for us out front and he cabbie agreed. He seemed friendly. Then John wrapped an arm around my shoulder and guided me to the front door.

I got out my key and opened the door. The place was untouched. I took off my shoes and walked on, old memories of mum and I coming back to me.

I lived here my entire life. And now, I was going to move into Baker Street.

I went upstairs and grabbed all of the bags and suitcases I had from the closet and threw them onto the bed. John followed me into the room and we started to sort what things I would take to Baker Street, and what things I would donate.

It only took us a couple of hours to sort through my things, and we didn't fill all of my bags. I was saving those for some of my mothers things, some things that were very precious to me. I took a duffel bag and proceeded down the hall to her room.

I put some things in there, such as one of her sweaters, one of her small jewellery boxes, an old copy of her favourite novel "Pride and Prejudice," and a necklace that was my grandmothers.

I didn't noticed that tears were silently falling down my cheeks while I was putting the stuff into the bag, but they were. When I was finished I stood up, wiped away the tears, and walked out of the room. John stood at the door and he squeezed my shoulder as I exited the room. We grabbed all of the bags and loaded them into the taxi. Then, I grabbed a pot from the porch and walked across to the garden. I dug out a petunia, my mums favourite flower, and carefully placed it into the pot to take with me.

Just then, a long black sedan pulled up to the curb and the window rolled down. Inside was a man reading a newspaper.

"So, I hear you're looking for some revenge?" he said.

"Oh ya? And how would you know that?" I answered back sarcastically. I stood up.

"I have my sources," he countered. I didn't notice John coming to see who I was talking to.

"Mycroft please, this isn't a good time for us." John said.

'Mycroft,' I thought to myself. Who names their kid Mycroft?

"Well John, aren't you going introduce me to your little friend?" Mycroft asked.

"Fine," John replied with a sigh, "Charlie this is Mycroft Holmes, he's Sherlock's older brother,"

The same parents who name their kid Sherlock.

"And this, Mycroft, is my niece Charlie. She is going to be living with me and Sherlock."

"Well," Mycroft said, "you certainly look clever. No wonder why Sherlock was all excited to have a female on their next case. Well, I have to go, but I do hope we meet again Charlie."

"Pleasure," I said while he rolled up the window and drove away. We then proceeded back to the cab to drive home. After another hour of travelling back, we unloaded the suitcases, payed the cabbie, and walked back in to Baker Street. We put everything in my room and invited Sherlock and Mrs. Hudson to dinner at the cafe down stairs. Mrs. Hudson said no because her hip was acting up, but Sherlock surprisingly agreed.

Apparently he like me. Well, tthat's good, I think.

You know, I was glad to have my uncle John. Without him, I don't know how I would survive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright! Finally updated! Hope you enjoyed it (after it was such a long time coming,) so please vote comment and all that jazz. Happy Easter 😘

-MrsThorinOakenshield