Chapter 5

A few days after the creepy text message, John and I got a call from the hospital. Mum wasn't doing too well, so we (as in John and I, Sherlock couldn't be bothered with coming,) decided to go stay with her and make sure she was alright.

I walked through the doors of St Bart's, my hand intertwined with my uncles. I was squeezing it pretty hard, which is something I always did when I was nervous.

When we walked into her room, I had to turn away for a moment once I saw her, because I lost my composure. She looked absolutely terrible. I have never seen her like this. She didn't look like herself at all.

John and I pulled two armchairs from the corner of the room up next to the side of the bed and we sat together.

I was reading a book, "The Fault in Our Stars" by John green. Mum read it then gave it to me because she thought that I would like it, but at this moment, I just couldn't concentrate on it. So, I just put in my earphones and sat watching my mother in case there was any sign of life.

After a few hours, the doctor came and asked Uncle John to step outside for a moment. As soon as he left the room, I grabbed my mum's hand, and I began to speak to her.

"Mum? Can you hear me? Please, mum. Come back to me. John needs you. I need you. Please mum come back."

A tear formed in my eye and rolled down my cheek. I kissed her hand and felt a hand come down on my shoulder.

John was behind me, comforting me, and he soon came and sat down in the chair with me, because they were so big. After a little while of being held in each others embrace, we fell asleep.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

I woke with a start to a very uncomfortable sound. Oh no.

John was already awake, standing next to her. I noticed that his eyes were red as he looked at me. I didn't notice that there were doctors all around. John quickly put one arm around my shoulder and escorted me out of the room as fast as possible.

I burst into tears an so did he. I couldn't believe it. Mum was gone.

"Charlotte," John said. No one ever used my full name, except for him, "the doctor said that... your mother has given me custody of you. That means, you'll be staying in Baker Street, with us. I am so sorry this had to happen to us."

He pulled me in for another hug, before I let him go back into the room to say his final goodbyes to his sister.

Ding. I got a text message.

So sorry about your mum. What a shame. It's too bad that I was the one to put her there in the first place.

Who the hell are you?? I texted back, tears running down my face.

You'll find out. Soon enough. I am having a ball. Come.

This isn't happening. No. The killer. The one I have to seduce. He killed my mum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh-oh #intensity

-MrsThorinOakenshield