Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

(A/N: Look at Barbara lol she's a cutie isn't she? Anyways we will be shifting to Jake's POV around the middle of the chapter so yeah. Just a heads up.)

      The sun was hitting my face through my window, making me groan and open my eyes slowly, the feeling of the weight of an arm around my waist still lingering on my skin. I blinked a couple of times, the pain in my head not going away making let out another groan. Slowly, I sat up and stretched, my back popping and my crop top riding up higher than it already was. I stood up and smoothed down my skirt, padding my way over to my bathroom. As soon as I saw my face in the mirror, I busted out into quiet giggles and I pulled my hair up into a messy bun. Quickly, I got undressed and turned the hot water on in the shower, hoping it would calm my pounding headache and get rid of the knots in my back. The shower was short-lived, for the hot water quickly ran out and I had to scramble out if I didn't want to freeze to death. Not really needing to impress anyone, I put on a black sports bra and pulled on a long flowy shirt that said 'Lonely' and slipped into a pair of black leggings. To finish everything up, I tied my hair into a ponytail and put on my black combat boots. My head was still pounding so, I decided to go downstairs and eat and probably get some Aspirin. I made no effort to walk down the stairs quietly and when I jumped down the last stair, I saw Jake sitting down, eating cereal and wearing sunglasses. What the hell?

      "It's too bright inside for you buddy?" I questioned teasingly, wincing when another pulsing wave of pain hit my head. Not waiting for a response, I shuffled over to the kitchen where I poured myself some cereal and downed a glass of water with an Aspirin. Once I finished, I placed the bowl in the sink and grabbed a trash bag from under the sink to start picking up the nasty, sticky solo cups. Placing the cups in the trash, I moved on to the beer bottles that were scattered all over the kitchen floor, some still half way full with now stale beer. The trail of beer bottle led me towards the living room which in all honesty, looked like an alcoholic wasteland. Before I even started to touch some of the broken glass on the floor, the trash bag was taken from my hands and I was moved to the side. I looked up and Jake was silently picking up the broken glass pieces, not trying to be careful at all.

      "You're going to cut yourself if you keep picking them up like that," I mumbled quietly, cringing when I saw a stream of blood begin to drip from his forefinger. He let out a string of curses, before trying to keep picking them up. Typical boy. Rolling my eyes, I grabbed his arm and made him stand up straight, basically dragging him towards the restroom where the first-aid kit was. There I made him sit on the toilet seat and I turned around to get the first-aid kit from under the sink.

Jake's POV

      "Why are you doing this? I'm fine." I said gruffly, taking off my sunglasses and running my hand that wasn't being treated through my hair. Her face was contorted into one of concentration, and there was a small crease between her brows that made her eyes stand out. Her small nose was slightly crinkled, somehow making her lips look fuller and for some reason that made me doze off into every other small detail about her. When she spoke up, her eyes met mine, a small twinkle shining through showing the child she liked to act like. "I could have let you bleed all over the floor but, that would be an even bigger mess. Do you want to clean up again after you cleaned up?" she asked playfully, looking down when a smile came to her face. That small gesture made me smile as well but, before I knew it, she was done wrapping my finger and the moment was over. Her touch still lingered on my arm and when she stood up, she some loose strands of hair behind her ear. My heart was dancing in a way that made me think I had to go to the doctor. What was this girl doing to me?

      "Thanks. For wrapping my finger. I'll finish cleaning here and you can do whatever you need to do. That was our deal right?" I joked, scratching the back of my neck and looking at the trashed living room. She nodded slowly and looked at the living room as well. We both had the same reaction, scared eyes, and an annoyed sigh. She gave me a small smile and wave as she walked up the stairs, rubbing her forehead. Yesterday when she was dancing with Marco, she was drunk and she would have done something she was going to regret so, I took her upstairs to her room. I was going to just leave her but, she held onto my arm and I laid down and eventually fell asleep with her. Lately, things have been stirring inside me that usually wouldn't and sometimes I question the fact if I actually only see Lenne as the girl who hid behind someone she wasn't. The girl I could've almost broken badly.

All Rights Reserved

Night Peaches. I'll edit the rest of the chapters during the weekend and hopefully, I'll be done by Monday or Tuesday and I'll be able to post the next chapter. This was just a cute filler chapter and I hope you enjoyed their little moment cause I know I was like 'GOALS asf' while I was writing it. Anyways, have a good night and may you dream of wonderful and beautiful things such as yourself Peaches. -Aime