Chapter Four

Chapter Four

(A/N: There will be a switch in the point of views for a brief amount of time. It's just for effect Peaches.)

Friday came quicker than I wanted it to, the day my mom, my sister, and Ms. Asher flew out to New York. When I pulled into the driveway I noticed Jake's car in my spot. Scoffing loudly, I park beside him and killed the engine, murmuring a row of curse words directed at him, even if he wasn't there. I unlocked the door and stepped in, setting my keys on the glass table, catching Katia, my mom, Ms. Asher, Jake and some random girl's attention.

"Hey Nená!" my mom chirped, with a small smile. The girl hanging off Jake's bicep was basically trying to bury me with her eyes and my sister kept looking at the both of us. I waved awkwardly at everyone and decided to speak up before it became, even more, uncomfortable. 

"Hi everyone." I drawled out with a small nervous smile. Clearing my throat slightly, I waved over at Jake who had a smirk on his face, like always. 

"So why are these people here? I thought today we were having a movie night" she complained loudly, making sure we heard. 'Umm, excuse you?' I thought to myself, my blood already boiling for the way she was acting, in my house. 

"First of all, dial that tone of yours down..." I clicked my tongue three times before continuing. "Three notches cause your voice sounds like you take a hit of helium every time you breathe. Second of all, "these people" are welcome to this house so, do us all a favor and show yourself out, will you?" I snapped in a rude tone. Perhaps my outburst surprised everyone a little too much, for almost everyone had a shocked expression on their face, except for my sister who was smirking and the girl in front of me who looked livid. Well shit.

Jake's POV

"Are you just gonna let her talk to me like that?" Cassie basically screeched, her eyes searching my face for some type of anger. Truth be told, I was just shocked. Lenne usually had a smart remark to jab you with but, she just completely slaughtered Cassie in a matter of two sentences. What was I supposed to do? I mean sure, Cassie looks good when her mouth isn't open, but even I was getting tired of the sound of her voice. "Ok, Jake. That's really rich you asshole. Screw you." she sneered with a nasty glare, before pushing me and stomping away like an angry child, her blonde extensions flowing behind her. The door slammed and Katia busted out laughing along with my mom who had a cocky expression on her face, both mocking me and Cassie. Lenne's mom was still shocked at Lenne's outburst and well Lenne was no longer in sight. She had fled the scene without being noticed during Cassie's tantrum.

"Julia, I truly do love your daughter already." my mom stated with admiration with a smirk on her face. Of course, she would. My mom loved to see people put me or the people I brought around in their place. She's gonna be the death of me.

Lenne's POV

After the... The incident, we drove to the airport to drop everyone off. Currently, my eyes were watering and I was sniffling like it was allergy season. Can you blame me? I'm a momma's girl. I've never been away from my mom for longer than three weeks or even my sister. "Hey, Nená, don't worry. It'll go by fast and we'll be home before you know. We'll go on a vacation together when we get back and you go back to school. You'll see. Also, I'll be depositing $500 to your account every month for groceries or anything you need. Please don't do anything stupid." she breathed out with a sad smile. I could tell it pained her to leave me behind, but as of now this was what was best for our company and everything will be just fine, right?

"Remember to check in with the office after school after school on Wednesdays and Fridays. You can go in when you want just make sure you have your I.D. baby girl. Make sure everything runs smoothly, please. I'll be sending you paperwork and billings I'll need your help with so you can do at my desk. It won't take too long and I know it's something you can do." she added before kissing my forehead and giving me a quiet blessing, me doing the same thing. 

"Flight 167 to New York City now boarding I repeat now boarding!" a woman voiced loudly over the intercom. Hugging my mom and Katia one last time, I gave them a small smile, reassuring them I was fine. They walked away, Katia on her phone and my mom chatting with Ms. Asher. As they became smaller due to the distance, I wiped my eyes and brushed my hair out of my face.

"You good?" asked a voice from behind me. I turned slowly and nodded meekly, brushing the imaginary dust off my jeans and walking towards the exit. Three months. Three months without my mom. Three months without my sister. Three months with Jake. Oh, what fun.

All Rights Reserved

Hello Peaches, I know this chapter was a bit slow moving but, I do, as always, hope you enjoyed it. From here the story will be picking up and hopefully be more exciting. I know it may seem a bit cliché right now but please bear with me. I promise it will get better as you go on. I am only trying to become a better writer, so any suggestions, ideas, or constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated. And took a look at the handsome creature Francisco Lachowski is 😍👌🏼 -Aime