Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

(A/N: River Viiperi (the guy above who plays Marco) is s'cute *heart eye emoji* cause like ughh. Anyways, Jake's point of view is sometime in the middle of the chapter.)

      I was walking down the hallway on Tuesday morning to get to my locker. When I woke up this morning I was in my bed and Jake had already left for school. Putting my bag in my locker and getting out my textbook, I didn't notice a presence behind me. As I turned around, I almost screamed when I saw Marco standing in front of me. To be more exact, Marco Greene. Speaking with him was like a disaster waiting to happen due to his rocky past and present with Marcia. Oh boy. This could not end well dude. Not at all. Well maybe but, still.

      "I heard what Gabrielle did to you. She can be such a bitch sometimes so I'm sorry she acted that way. Anyways, I came to ask you something." he said smoothly, leaning against the lockers with a smile, not a smirk. He then took my hand and looked at the size of my palm and the smiled. What? Confusion was written all over my face I would assume because he chuckled and let go of my hand. "Do you want to go out with me around 6 pm today? It's nothing super big but, I do think you'll enjoy it." he asked much to my surprise. I'm pretty sure my jaw went slack because an amused expression made it's way to his face as he put his hand under my chin and closed my mouth. Where was this all coming from? Marco has never once glanced my way, well only if you count the party. The most he's ever done is ask for a pencil and even then he didn't even make eye-contact. "Umm, I guess. Yeah. Sure. Why not" I stuttered, making him chuckle and lean over. At first I honestly thought he was gonna kiss me, but he placed a short sweet peck on my cheek. It was simple and cute, which only gave me all more the reason to blush a light shade of pink.

      "Nice. I'll pick you up at six Beautiful. Don't dress too fancy. Maybe a bit sporty if you may. It's something a bit different, so I'm hoping you'll enjoy it." he said with a wink before walking away towards the opposite end of the hallway. His lean figure strolled away with such confidence, it made me almost regret my acceptance. It was intimidating. What just happened?

Jake's POV

      Locking the car, I made my way towards the front door, glancing at Lenne's parked car. Walking through the door, I smelt the amazing food Ms. Maria made on a daily basis because this woman can cook. Before I could make my way to the kitchen I saw Lenne running down the stairs, tying her hair up in a ponytail. She was wearing a simple black and grey athletic shirt and a pair of athletic joggers with some Nike's.

      "You going somewhere?" I teased, chuckling, making her look at me with a smile as she finished off her ponytail. She hopped down the last step and walked over to the couch where she had left her small leather purse. Looks like she is going somewhere. "Actually, yes. I got asked out and well it's a more casual, sporty date." she mused, rummaging through her bag and pulling out her phone. A date? "Who you going with?" I questioned, intrigued all of the sudden. She looked up with a raised eyebrow and an amused smirk. Who could she have actually agreed to go on a date with?

      "Marco. Marco Greene to be more exact. It's a surprise date but, he said to dress sporty so this is as sporty as I get." she laughed, her eyes twinkling slightly. Marco? Why the hell with him? He's not even her type. 'Yeah and neither are you so hop off.'  I said to myself. Lenne looked quite adorable with her ponytail and joggers. They made her petite figure stand out a bit more and since her hair was out of her face, her eyes stood out even more. She wasn't even wearing makeup and she still looked beautiful. "Good for you. Have a good time." I said in a tone colder than I wanted it to come out. Her eyes widened but, a knock came from the door and I nudged my head in the direction of the door. Shaking her head, she waved and walked out the front door, Marco there waiting. He planted a kiss on her cheek and took her hand, leading her towards the car. The door closed behind them and the only thing that was left behind was me and my very jealous, irrelevant thoughts. Why did she have to go out with him? Most of all, why didn't I have the guts to do that?

      Honestly, I never meant to be rude or bully her. She's always been so strong willed and opinionated, even when she was hurting. I liked that about her, the fact that she was so strong and passionate about things. Not only that but, she's beautiful. She has all these little quirks, that make you fall deeper into the world that is entirely her. I was angry for a long time because unlike her, I didn't find a way to get over things and be strong enough to actually approach even through everything. Lenne got stronger with everything I did to her, and I only became more pathetic for messing with the girl that had never done anything to me. The girl who smiled through the tears. The girl who was always afraid of being left. The girl I hated because she hid who she actually was. The girl I hated because I couldn't figure out who she was.

All Rights Reserved

I'm actually at school right now lol. How's your day going Peaches? I hope it's going well and you people are amazing, remember that. Anyways, editing is going way quicker than I though it would hich is a really good thing. At this rate, I'll probably be able to publish a new chapter that goes with the plot so far by Monday. Love you Peaches. -Aime