Chapter Forty Nine

Chapter Forty Nine

(A/N: Look at her smile lol she's s'cute. Honestly, I can't even put on eyeliner without making a mess or poking my eye like why? To me, makeup is very dangerous. Yet again, so are stairs, my bed, and my own two feet. Also, my back stings so bad because I'm pretty sure I got bit by a spider and oww!)

      "How do you not wear makeup every day and still manage to perfectly wing your eyeliner?" Cathy gawked, simply causing me to laugh as I leaned closer to the mirror to do my other eye. Jaqueline was singing loudly in the restroom while straightening her hair, making Cathy cringe as she put on her matte red lipstick. As you may have guessed, we were in the process of getting ready for Prom and as always, we decided to do it together. "Jaqueline I swear to fucking God. If you don't shut that trap of yours I am going to shove this lipstick tube down your fucking throat." Cathy snapped when Jaqueline tried to hit the high note in the song. "Ooh, touchy." Jaqueline teased peeking out of the restroom and then going back to doing her hair. Finishing up my eyeliner, I got up to get my dress from the closet along with my heels. Once everything was laid out on my bed, I sat back down at my vanity to do my hair. Going with that simple yet classy look, I kept my hair wavy to put it in a perfect messy type bun with a few strands of hair framing my face. After spraying a ton of hairspray, it was time for all of us to get dressed.

      "We look hot," Cathy stated with a smirk as we all stood in the mirror

      "We look hot," Cathy stated with a smirk as we all stood in the mirror. We each had our individual style shining through our very sparkly dresses. "I'll second that statement," Jaqueline smiled, grabbing her phone from the desk along with her gold clutch. Cathy did the same, handing me mine so we could all go downstairs. At the bottom of the stairs were all three of our moms, holding cameras and phones which all started clicking and flashing as we made our way down, one by one. After all of us were downstairs, they began to take pictures of all three of us. It was the same process when the guys got to the house too. We basically had to run out the door once they got distracted and stopped taking pictures. "I am so lucky my mom decided not to come. It would have gotten a whole lot more complicated. I think we're late already too." Jake mumbled, opening the door of his car for me. I shook my head with a grin, looking down at the simple rose corsage that he got me. "Not late. Fashionably late. There's a difference babe." I laughed, holding his hand once he got in the car and turned it on. "Whatever you say, Princess." He chuckled, pulling out of the driveway and interlacing his fingers with mine.

      Pulling up to the school was hectic. That's pretty much the only word to describe it. We took a while to park and then complained as we waited for the rest of the group. Point is, we all walked in together, giving everyone a small reason to give us a long glance before returning to their business. The gym was nicely lit up, twinkle lights hanging almost everywhere giving it a dreamy feel. The stage was set up, gold and silver adorning it, making it the main attraction. Tables were set up around the room, but most people were dancing or standing in line for the pictures. Jake hugged me from behind as we walked towards the picture line, that being my one and only demand. "You're very intimidating for someone who is so short in heels Princess." he chuckled in my ear, the warmth from his breath sending chills down my spine. "What can I say? I have a way with words." I smiled, kissing his cheek and swatting his hands away since we were next in line. We took two pictures. One doing the normal cliche prom pose and another one where we were kissing, my arms around his neck and his hands resting on my hips. Once the photographer gave us the thumbs up, we walked towards the dance floor hand in hand. That's when we spotted Marco with Marcia and Gabby with some blonde guy. The guys smirked, and I felt Jake immediately tense beside me. Marcia and Gabby, both in black dresses, sauntered over to me, the Devil dancing in their eyes.