Chapter Forty Four

Chapter Forty Four

(A/N: Highkey want to find out where I can get this dress and lowkey wishing I was Lenne atm so I could wear it. Wow, Aime. You're wishing you were your own character. You need to use the sleep. Wait, what?)

      The day of the Gala, I woke up feeling like hell. Mostly because Katia was screaming in my ear and I could already hear my mom on the phone. According to my clock, I had overslept by two hours. It was already 1pm. That being said, I scrammed to the shower, rushed to braid my hair and get dress, then bound down the stairs with the grace of an elephant. It was weird having them back in the house. I missed them, don't get me wrong, but I had gotten so used to Jake and I's routine that I just needed to adjust again. When I got to the kitchen, Katia was washing her cereal bowl and my mom was checking things off the list I had left on the counter. Apparently, we only needed confirmation for the live band and the fireworks display, which I told her I would do. That being said, I grabbed an apple and granola bar, sat down at the kitchen table and began to call. Within arguing over the phone with the fireworks people who were trying to change the price on the package on us and trying to get a hold of the band's manager, I sat there till 3pm.

      "Look, sir, I have three hours to get ready for a Gala more expensive than your God damn fireworks package am I understood? That being said, in three hours when your people are to show up and set up, they better not give me a fucking bill that is more than the price we discussed because or so help me God, I will be the one to show up at your door and punch you in the mouth. Am I understood? Yes. Ok. Good." I snarled into the phone, hanging up and rubbing my temples. I grabbed my phone, my tea, and stood up to leave. I smiled when I turned around though, because my mom was standing there with Cathy and Jaqueline who had an impressed look on their face.

      "Remind me not to ask to borrow money. Like ever. If I don't pay you back, you'd be the one to unleash the dogs so they can attack." Cathy chuckled, walking over to me and giving me a huge hug. Next was Jaqueline, who nodded in agreement at Cathy's statement. My mom smiled and grabbed a granola bar from the counter and began to walk away before peeking back in the kitchen. "Oh and Paulo is upstairs to help you girls get ready. So, toutes les suggestions doivent être faites en français." She winked, biting into the granola bar and making her way upstairs. Cathy and Jacqueline looked at me confused and I laughed at their expressions.

      "She just said that if we have any suggestions for Paulo on how we want our hair or makeup, we have to tell him in French. He does it so people don't ruin his 'genius' according to him." I said, grabbing their hands and dragging them up the stairs. When we walked into my room, Paulo was already set up with his assistant, Diane, standing by his side. Immediately, he pointed at Cathy and waved her over, to sit in the styling chair. Nervously, Cathy walked over and didn't even bother to try and say anything to him about suggestions. He curled her hair and pinned it up nicely, making the tattoo on her neck stand out. He nicely asked her to show him her dress so he knew what kind of makeup to do on her and when she brought it out, my jaw dropped. It was a beautiful white dress, the lace on the top making it look extremely elegant and expensive.

 It was a beautiful white dress, the lace on the top making it look extremely elegant and expensive

       Paulo clapped his hands and sat her back down, getting back to work. When Cathy was done, he pointed at Jaqueline who already had her dress on hand. It was a two piece masterpiece in all honesty. The rose pink and silver making an excellent combination. Paulo went simple with her hair, doing a tight top knot and her makeup with a touch of silver glitter.

 Paulo went simple with her hair, doing a tight top knot and her makeup with a touch of silver glitter

      Both of them looked amazing.

      "Your turn chéri" Paulo smiled, pulling me towards the chair with a smile. I looked at Cathy and Jacqueline who both had a little smirk on their face as they called Paulo over to the closet. When he came back out he motioned towards Diane who then grabbed the curling iron. Paulo walked over and began to do God knows what to my face. After about another hour of sitting in that painful chair, I was declared 'finished'. I stood up and was dragged over to the closet by Jaqueline, who then unzipped the white bag that held the dress my mom got me. My jaw dropped for the second time. The dress was this amazing navy blue with lace layering and an off the shoulder lace detail. It short in the front, making a train fall beautifully in the back. Honestly, I hadn't been more excited to wear a dress in my life.

      "Holy shit." was the only thing that left Cathy's mouth when I walked out of the closet in the dress, already with my nude heels on. Jaqueline clapped excitedly and Paulo just bowed. I blushed and turned to look in the mirror. My hair was curled perfectly, my bangs braided and pinned to the side of my head giving it a bohemian feel. There were accents of gold glitter and eyeshadow here and there, making my eyes stand out. If anything, I'd say I looked like a princess or at least like a wannabe princess.

      The doorbell rang, and we knew the guys were here with the limo my mom rented for everyone. I was last to make my way down the stairs, everyone waiting at the bottom. Jaqueline was smiling widely while holding onto Christian and Cathy was bickering with Mateo. When they heard my heels on the stairs, everyone turned towards me, Jake and my mom smiling in 'awe'. My mom began to take pictures on the camera while Katia, in her black dress, began to take pictures on her phone. Jake stepped forward and grabbed a hold of my hand to help me down the last couple of stairs. I smiled and once I was facing my mom, he hugged me from behind and kissed the spot right under my earlobe.

      "You look beautiful," he whispered, holding my hand and smiling over at my mom who had her eyebrow raised but a smile nonetheless. And with that, we all made our way towards the limo. We had less than thirty minutes to get there and be prepared mine and my mom's speech. It was now or never.

All Rights Reserved

That moment with Jake made my single heart hurt cause at the same time, I know what's coming up and it literally makes me sad to think about it. Besides that, I'm in love with all these dresses cause like I need them in my life dude. Alright well, here is your double update cause you guys earned it Peaches. Also, I'm on my period and I have cramps and writing is literally the only thing distracting me at the moment. Welp, I love you guys and I will be updating again soon enough. Have a good day Peaches ❤ -Aime