Chapter Thirty Three

(A/N: So, this chapter is gonna be in Jake's POV. Bear with my ideas and way of doing things please Peaches.)

      "Dude, you can't hold onto this. Clearly, she isn't ready. I get rejection hurts Jake but, you need to get out of this house. Your room is starting to smell of desperation and depression. It's not a good smell either." Mateo said, crinkling his nose and staring at me. I was laying down on my bed, face down, listening to basically anything that came on Spotify. "The smell is probably from the laundry I've procrastinated on doing and I'm not doing anything illegal you fucker," I grumbled, sitting up and throwing an eye roll his way. He sighed and walked into my closet, then came out, throwing a shirt and jeans my way. I looked at him in confusion and annoyance, not wanting to deal with his crap at the moment.

      "Get dressed, you depressed douche. I'm not going to watch my best friend literally drown in self-pity over a girl who needs time. Give her time and remind yourself for a moment that you're Jake fucking Asher, please. You're no fun when you're a sappy ass." He declared, walking out of my room chuckling. That bastard. I sighed and decided to comply with his directions because if I didn't I knew that there would be hell to pay on my part. Once I finished, I grabbed my leather jacket and walked down the stairs to meet up with Mateo who was by the door helping himself to my bag of chips. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my car keys, taking hold of his collar and pulling him out the front door. After making sure I had locked the door and Mateo had wiped his hands off, I handed him the keys.

     "Whats the plan genius?" I mocked, the annoyance and exhaustion basically oozing out of my actions and words. He shrugged, unlocked the car and ushered me into the passenger seat. "We're going to go to a club for you to get your confidence back because at the moment you're in a rut and it's killing my mood bro." Mateo chuckled, pulling out of the driveway. I turned to look towards the house and noticed that Lenne's car was gone, but I didn't think much of it. You're supposed to think of something else tonight.

      We eventually pulled up to a grunge looking club with a neon sign that read 'Rave'. What the fuck? Raising my eyebrow, I turned to look at Mateo who was holding up to plastic cards in his hand. Apparently, they were fake I.Ds and I had to admit I liked his determination to actually do something.

      "I said nothing illegal dude," I smirked, taking the I.D. out of his hand and walking towards the dark building. Mateo shrugged and looked at his phone for the time. "I never said I agreed with that statement." He chuckled, putting his phone away and following behind me until we got to the bouncer by the door. Mateo showed him his "I.D." just like I did, and the bouncer just grunted before opening the door and letting us in. I looked around and noticed couples and singles alike, dancing and drinking like it was not tomorrow. It was easy to tell that most of these people had been here for a while, considering the smell of booze, smoke, and sweat when you walked past the dance floor to get to the lounge.

      "Okay. I'm going to go get us some shots and you're going to sit here and not go home without me." Mateo smirked, walking backwards to the bar. I saw him sit next to three girls, but quickly turned my attention back to my lap when I saw the girls stand up and walk towards the dance floor. When I heard footsteps coming towards me, I looked up to see Mateo holding two beers. I smirked and took one out of his hands when he offered. Taking a huge gulp, I let the bitter liquid make its way down my throat. "So was I blind, or did I legit just sit next to the hottest version of Lenne ever?" Mateo wondered out loud, choking when I grabbed his shoulder to make him look at me.

      "Are you serious? Is she here? Like now?" I asked rapidly, ignoring him hacking on air. After he composed himself and a couple more coughs, he glared at me and nodded towards the dance floor. I got up and fixed my shirt before walking over to the packed dance floor. I had to push through sweaty bodies and lustful couples to get to the three girls I had seen quite a bit of the past two months or so. Cathy and Jacqueline saw me first, before backing up and disappearing into the crowd leaving me with a confused Lenne. She turned around and before I knew it, she bumped into my chest. "Dammit." I heard her mumble under her breath when she looked up at me. She looked frustrated, but at the same time relieved. I'll admit that I felt the same way. She hasn't talked to me for about two weeks and it was killing me.

      "Hey," I said loud enough for her to hear me over the music. She just stared at me for a moment before smiling softly. "Hi," she responded, dancing to the music blasting through the speakers. In that moment, I could have sworn that I didn't care about the humid environment or the annoying, sweaty people around us. She had finally talked to me after a while of ignoring my mere existence.

All Rights Reserved

Hola Peaches. It was a pretty short, humorous chapter if I do say so myself. I'm not a guy so I had to ask my guy friends what a guy would say cause I'm a clueless baby. Anyhow, I'm preparing for competition for dance in May and also these last two grading periods are kicking my ass so I'll try to keep up with my updating schedule. As of now, I'm updating today because I can't update on Thursday due to a prior commitment. Hope you guys liked it and as always, I love any ideas or suggestions you amazing people have. Love you Peaches. I'll update soon. -Aime