Chapter 29

THE NEXT DAY

I pulled into Augusts' driveway, feeling unsure if I should be doing this. I grabbed my bag and pulled out the extra key Ariana left for me. I walked down the cobblestone path and froze when I got to the door. "Here we go again." I said in a sigh. I slid my key in the door and undid the locks. I slowly stepped inside, slightly nervous for some reason.

"August....?" I said outloud. I waited for a reply, but there wasn't one. I sighed and walked deeper in the house, checking the kitchen and living room looking for him. "Where the hell is he??" I mumbled. I walked slowly over to his bedroom door and stood there. "Just knock Simone...just knock." I knocked softly on the door and waited for a reply. "Come in." He mumbled. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open. "Hey.." I said with a slight smile.

"Hey." He said, keeping his eyes on the TV. I walked over to him slowly, examining his body with my eyes. He had a brace and his knee, and his leg was proped up on three pillows. "...Did uh...Ariana tell you I was coming by today?" He nodded. "Yeah.." I walked up to his bedside and sat his medications on his nightstand. "..Have you eaten yet?" August shook his head. "Nah." I nodded slowly and looked down at my watch. "Well it's almost 3, and you need to take your meds, so can I make you something?" August shrugged. "Go ahead."

He kept his eyes on the TV as if I wasn't there at all. I've never seen him act this way before. Ariana was right when she said he was depressed. His whole demeanor was different, his voice was low and grogy and he seemed to have no energy. I turned on my heels and made my way to the kitchen. I looked in the fridge and pulled out the components to make a sandwhich. I wasabout to pull a plate out from the cabinet, when my phone vibrated in my bag.

ME: "Hellooo?"

KERRI: "Hey...how's everything?" I sighed.

ME: "Okay I guess...Ariana was right, he really doesn't seem like himself.

I grabbed a plate and pulled out two slices of bread.

KERRI: "Im sure, he's gunna be down for a while, it was bound to take a toll on him eventually."

ME: "Yeah." I mumbled.

KERRI: "So how long do you have to do this?"

ME: "Ariana said just for this week and two days next week until she figures something out."

I grabbed a glass and filled it up with lemonade.

KERRI: "That's a long time Simi, you know howI feel about this situation."

ME: "I know, I know, but everything is good I promise, it's obvious he's over me now, and Im taking time for myself, don't worry."

KERRI: "...Alright if you say so, you know how you and August get when you guys get together."

ME: "I know, but it's not like that alright? I'll call you later."

I hung up the phone and dropped it back in my bag. Once I had told Kerri I agreed to help Ariana, she was totally agaisnt it. Besides the fact that I was helping Ariana, she thought it was too soon for me to be interracting with August again. But, it's been almost a month since we've spoken, and were both moving past that situation.

I picked up the plate and glass and carried them into Augusts' room. He was still in the same postion he was when I left. I sat his plate down beside him in the bed, waiting for him to eat. "...You need something?" He asked looking up at me. "Eat, you need to take your medicine." August sighed and sat up in the bed, putting his shirt back on. He grabbed the plate and began to eat. I watched him as he downed the sandwhich like he hasn't eatin anything in days.

I opened up both bottles of pills and and handed him two pills. "Drink that." I said motioning over to the glass beside him. After he took his meds I let out a slight smile. "Good...that was easy...I guess I'll uh..I'll see you tomm-" My phone vibrated in my bag and I quickly answered it.

ME: "Hello?" I said lowly.

TREY: "Hey, you still with August?"

ME: "I just finished...why?"
TREY: "Just checking up on you."

I looked up at August, who was staring at me. I turned around and walked to a different part of his room.

ME: "You don't need to check up on me Trey, Im not doing anything im not suppose to."

Trey sighed.

TREY: "Alright you got me, but Im not to comfortable with ya'll being over there alone."

ME: "NOTHING is gunna happen ok?"

TREY: "...Alright, call me later."

I hung up the phone and walked back over to August. "So let me guess who that was." He said with a smirk. I folded my arms across my chest. "Excuse me?" August chuckled lowly. "I heard you over there, I guess you got yo boyfriend stressin." I rolled my eyes. "He's not my boyfriend first of all, and second of all, that's not your business, I'll see you tommorow alright?" "Whatever." He mumbled.

***************************************

I threw my keys on the kitchen counter and quickly changed into my pajamas. With work and helping August out, my day has been pretty long. I grabbed the TV remote and spread out on the couch, I needed this relaxtion. I flipped through the channels, trying to settle on something to watch, when there was a knock at the door. "Who the fuck.." I mumbled.

I got up from the couch and made my way over to the door. I looked through the peep hole to see Trey standing there. I couldn't help but smile a little as I unlocked the door. "Hey You." He said with a wide smile. "Hey.. what are you doing here? I thought we agreed that houses were off limits right now." Trey nodded. "I know, but I brought food." He took his hands from behind his back, exposing the plastic bag with 2 containers in them. "Then you may come in." I moved over to the side, making room for Trey to enter.

I walked back over to the couch as Trey prepared our plates. "So how's August?...I mean how's he doing?" I flipped through some more channels and sighed. "Not good, he's really depressed." Trey nodded slowly. "Im sure, he's probably never been down like that before." "Yeah I know, he wasn't even the same person...like he's really rude." Trey chuckled. "Aw, did he hurt your feelings?" He asked in a baby voice. "Whatever, no he didn't, but he could be a little nicer, Im the one doing him a favor." Trey walked over and handed me a plate.

"I know and it's really big of you too." "I know." I mumbled. "One of the many reasons why I adore you." Trey leaned over and kissed my cheek. "Mhm, don't try to act like your all cool with this situation, you pratically stalked my phone today." Trey chuckled and wiped his mouth with has napkin. "That wasn't stalking, that was checking." I rolled my eyes. "Yeah sure." I leaned back on the couch and picked around on my plate.

"I would never stalk you Simone, come on now." I smirked. "If I was helping my ex that I still had feelings for, how would you feel?" I looked down in my plate, silent." "Exactly." Trey said in a laugh. "Well once this week is up, you don't have to worry about me and August being in the same room." Trey sat his plate down and smiled. "I like that." He grabbed my waist and pulled me into him. He sat me in his lap and went to work on my neck. "Mmmm, I thought you just wanted dinner?" I said lowly. "Nope." he said in between kisses. "The food was just to get me inside, your what I really want." I smirked, letting him have his way.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Vote/Comment!!