Chapter 3

"Ok are you guys ready?" Ellis and Kerri both nodded. I stepped closer to them, holding the newly designed dress behind my back. "Omg show me!" Kerri squealed. "Close your eyes." I said with a smile. Once they did as I instructed, I slipped the dress on the mannequin and smiled. "Alright open your eyes." Ellis clapped slightly. "Well i'll be damned, it actually looks..good." Kerri squealed. "This is perfect Simone, it looks like a whole new dress!"

"Probably because it is, you sure you ain't go out and buy her another one?" Ellis said giving me the side-eye. I laughed. "Nope, this was all me."

THE NEXT NIGHT

The dreadful night was here. Kerri's birthday party. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my body and hair in a towel. I walked over to the mirror and wiped the fog with my hand. "Im not ready for this." I said to myself. The two people the betrayed me were gunna be at the same place as me. I felt sick just thinking about it.

I dried my body off and walked into my bedroom. I stared at the dress I had laying out on the bed (IN EXTERNAL LINK) and thought about what shoes to wear. Just then my phone rang. I grabbed it off the nightstand and answered it.

ME: "Hello?"

ELLIS: "Open the door Sus."

I sighed.

ME: "Why are you here?" I said putting on my robe.

ELLIS: "Chile you know I'm ready to turnup, I've been ready since 2'oclock."

I chuckled.

ME: "Alright, hold on, im coming."

I hung up the phone and threw it on the bed. I walked out to the front door and opened it. "You still in yo robe?" Ellis said looking at me up and down. I nodded. "Uh yeahhhh, I JUST got out of the shower." Ellis shook his head. "Y'all females." I scoffed. "Your a female to." He smiled and flipped his wig he had on. "You right, you right." I smiled. "Nice wig, by the way." I said in a laugh. Ellis smacked his lips and flipped his hair again. "Mhm yass girl, you know I had to bring Patricia out for the occassion." I chuckled. God I loved Ellis. I walked over to my bed and took off my robe.

"Damn! You couldn't give a bitch a warning??" Ellis said covering his eyes. I laughed. "Your gay right??" "All the way." He said still holding his eyes. I laughed again. "Well this shouldn't bother you." Ellis scoffed. "Whatever girl, just hurry up and put some clothes on, yo ol' stripper ass." I slipped on my thong and then my dress. Ellis uncovered his eyes. "Don't hate boo, Im comfortable with mines." I winked at him and walked into the bathroom.

After I did my makeup, I had Ellis start on my hair. He really could lay some shit. I sat infront of the mirror scrolling through twitter, while Ellis went to work with the flat iron. "You gon be so laid when im through." I chuckled. "I hope so." I scrolled through my TL and I seen almost EVERYBODY tweeting about Kerri's party tonight. There was even a retweeted tweet from August saying how he couldn't wait to perform tonight. The thought of me seeing him brought chills down my spine.

"Stop stressing girl."Ellis said to me. I frowned. "How did you know I was stressin?" Ellis chuckled. "You've been staring at that same tweet for 3 minutes now." I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "Im not ready E." Ellis sighed and placed the flat iron down. "Stop worryin about tonight so much, I already told you I got yo back with Stasia and you shouldn't even have to worry about August, he's just gunna perform and leave." I nodded. Ellis finished off the last section of my hair and smiled. "All done sus." I looked up from my phone and smiled widely. "Damn, this is real nice, thanks." He fanned himself. "I know."

My phone started to vibrate in my hand. I looked down at the caller I.D. Kerri was calling me.I slid the answer bar over and placed the phone to my ear.