Chapter 6

I sped down the highway fast as hell. I needed to get to the boutique asap. Even though I only lived a few blocks away, the drive still felt like forever. I pulled into my parking space and hopped out. I walked inside and looked around customers, until I found Ellis and Kerri. I walked over swiftly to the couches they were sitting at.

"Ok, first of all, why the hell are y'all sitting? I don't pay y'all to sit." Ellis fanned me off. "Chile, we need a break, you tryna run a slave shop in here." I shook my head and looked around. "A break from what Ellis? There's only 11 people in here." Ellis sighed. "I have a bad back." I rolled my eyes. "Bullshit." Kerri put her hands up. "Okay stop you two, can we talk about the matter at hand right now?" I nodded and took a seat on the couches. "What's the plan boss?" Kerri asked me. I sighed. "When is Ariana coming?" Kerri glanced down at the paper on her lap. "Next week Tuesday." I shook my head. "Alright."

Ellis cleared his throat. "Uhhh helllo, you STILL haven't said what the plan is." I nodded. "The plan is, is that there's no plan." Ellis and Kerri looked at me as if I was crazy. "Come again?" Kerri asked me. I smirked. "Look, we have a whole week until Ariana gets here, everything has been running smoothly here, so there's nothing to worry about. As long as we keep everything in tact, then were good." Kerri took a deep breath. "Maybe your right, I'll think we'll be fine." I nodded. "Besides, Ariana will ALWAYS have it out for us." I said eye-ing Ellis.

Ellis frowned. "What?? Why you looking at me like that?" Kerri scoffed. "Boy please! you know YOUR the reason Ariana has it out for us, how many stores do you know have a state inspection every 3 months??" Ellis shrugged. "NONE." I said sternly. Kerri nodded. "Exactly, none." Kerri got up from the couch and put her hands on her hips. "Ellis I really could kill you for what you did, and you didn't even apoligize to the damn girl." I said getting up. Ellis smacked his lips together. "Apoligize for what?? It wasn't my fault her man wanted a taste of this chocolate."

Me and Kerri shook our heads. Kerri let out a light chuckle. "Don't you think it's just a LITTLE embarrassing to find out that your man is not only cheatin, but cheatin with another man??" Ellis chuckled. "Conisdering how im gay, ...nope, not really." I laughed. "Well she's a female E, and that had to be extremely embarrassing for her." Ellis fanned me off. "Chile pleaseeee." He said dragging out the "please." "It was gon happen sooner or later, as soon as I saw that man my gaydar went off, ion see how you straight bitches ain't pick that up." Kerri laughed as she folded up some shirts. "He's right girl, we missed that by a landslide." I smirked. "True."

"Mhm, so that man was bound to cheat on her anyways, I just so happen to be the lucky guy." He said as he placed his hand daintly on his chest." Kerri sucked her teeth. "Whatever, you nasty." I chuckled a little to myself. "Girl bye, and when was the last time YOU got some hmmm?" Kerri was silent. "Exactly, you just turned 100, betta dust then cobwebs off your pussy and find you a man before YOU turn into dust." "SHUTUP!!" Kerri said throwing a shirt at Ellis. "Don't be wrinkiling my good merchandise on Ellis crusty ass." I said in a laugh. "My bad girl." Kerri said staring at Ellis evily. "But on a serious note." I started. "We need to be on our P's and Q's alright? One little slip up and we could be closed down in a second."

Kerri nodded. "Yeah I guess so, since she already written those two fake ass reports about us." She said folding her arms. Ellis rubbed his temples. "This girl is really pressing my nerves. Why can't she just leave us be?? It ain't like I STOLE her man..I returned him when I was done." Me and Kerri laughed. I threw my hands us and shook my head. "Go help the customers, Im going to my office." I said in a laugh. I turned around and walked into my office.

I sat down at my desk and logged onto my laptop. I went into my email and began to read a few messages when my desk phone rang. I sighed and answered it while Kerri walked in with a few papers. "Thank you for calling Serenity Boutique, this is Simone speaking, how may I help you?" "Aha, that was cute ma." I sighed once I recognized the voice. "August, why are you calling me at my job??" Kerri turned around sharply and put her ear to the other side of the phone. I frowned and shifted the phone to my left ear. "I knew you would be working, besides I thought I had a bigger chance of you answering this phone." I chuckled. "Right,well what do you want??" August laughed. "Damn, I need a answer to the question I asked you earlier."

I sighed. I looked up to see both Kerri and Ellis grinning in my face. I turned around in my swivel chair. "It's only been a few hours since you asked me." "I know, how much more time do you need??" I was silent. "Damn Simone, come on it's either yes or no." I chuckled. "If I say no, your gunna keep harrassing me till I say yes." "Your right." I shook my head to myself. "Yes August I'll go with you, but it's not gunna be at night." August laughed. "People eat dinner at night you know." "Mhm, but were NOT doing dinner, we can do lunch though." August was silent for a few seconds. "Ight, I'll take what I can get." I smiled in the phone.

"Good..so what day did you have in mind??" I asked turning back around in my chair. "Im only free next week Tuesday." I frowned. "Next week Tuesday? I can't." Kerri and Ellis mouthed the words "go" to me."Why not, you got plans already?" I sighed. "Something like that." "..Nothing you can get out off?" He asked. I looked back up at Kerri and Ellis who were both nodding at me and mouthing for me to say yes. I sighed and began to speak. "Actually." I started. "I think I can get out of it." Kerri smiled widely and Ellis started runway walking around my office. "Ight, I'll pick you up Tuesday at 12." I smiled a little. "I'll see you then."

I hung up the phone and let out a long breath. "That's my girl." Ellis said winking at me. "Mhm, Im proud of you, this is the first step." Kerri said. I sighed. "Were not getting back together, it's just lunch and by the way, thanks for letting him know where I lived." I said sarcastically. Kerri smiled. "Your welcome." I got up from my seat and sat on the edge of my desk. "Look, If I go to this lunch with him, you guys have to make sure everything is on point for the inspection." Kerri nodded. "Ok, you know you can count on me." I smiled. "I know." Ellis cleared his throat. "And what about me?"

Me and Kerri both went silent. "Anyways." I started. "Just make sure everything goes smoothly." Kerri nodded. "Of course I will."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How you think there first date gunna go?
And what do y'all think of The Ariana and Ellis situation??

BTW: Make sure y'all go read Some Type Of Way by jadadaneeANDdhaebae, it's a August Alsina Fan fiction .

Vote/Comment!!