Chapter 20

Since the last time I spoke to August, i've been calling him non-stop. I needed him to know that I was serious about the danger he could be in. I dialed his number for the 30th time today and placed the phone to my ear. It rang once and went straight to voicemail. "Shit!" I whispered. I hung up my phone and threw it in my purse. I had no clue what Quan's brother had up his sleeve when it came to August, but obviously it's nothing good.

I finished up the last few papers on my desk and grabbed my things, locking up my office behind me. "Leaving already?" Kerri asked as she stocked some shirts on the shelf. I sighed. "Yeah, I gotta stop by August's place real quick." "What??!" Ellis asked, scurring across the room to us. "Come again?" I sighed again. "I gotta talk to him about something important." Kerri raised a brow. "It's serious?" I nodded. "Well what is it? You look worried." Ellis added.

I took a deep breath and released it sharply. "I think someone's tryna hurt August.." Kerri and Elllis' brows shot up."What?! Who?" I looked over at Kerri and frowned. "Quan's brother." Kerri looked taken back by what I just said. "...Quan's that crazy ass nigga that was after you right?" Ellis asked. I nodded. "...He has a brother??" "Supposingly." I mumbled. "So why do you think he's coming for August?" I looked down at the ground and back at the both of them. "That mail that came for me the other day...it was pictures of August...like someone has been following him." Kerri and Ellis was silent.

"Alright...we'll hold everything down here for the rest of the day, handle your business girl." I nodded and let out a weak smile. "Call me if anything." I pulled out my car keys and walked out to my reserved parking space. I got in the car and took a deep breath. A part of me was nervous because this was going to be the first time I've seen him since our blowup and I really wasn't ready. I started up the car, and began my drive down to his place.

20 MINUTES LATER

I pulled up to the code box and August's gates and pushed the usual numbers in. I tapped my finger on the steering wheel, waiting for the gates to open and they didn't budge. "What the hell.." I said under my breath. I entered the code agian and waited, and still the gates didn't open. I shook my head and sighed. "I know damn well this nigga ain't change the code..." I mumbled. I reached over for my purse and started to look for my phone when there was a slight knock on my window.

I looked over to see a smiling Brutus. I took a sigh of relief and rolled down my window. "Ms.Simone, Im glad to see you again." I smiled widely. "You too...is August home?" I asked eyeing his driveway. Brutus nodded. "Yes, he has company over." I raised a brow. "Company...? What kind of company?" Brutus chuckled. "He has a lady over." I sat back in my seat and nodded. "...Well...I need to talk to him, it's extremely important." Brutus nodded and pushed a few bottons on the code box. The gate opened and I frowend. "So he changed the passcode?" Brutus nodded. "Don't worry, I'll give it to you before you leave." He winked at me and walked away.

I smiled a little to myself and pulled into his driveway. I grabbed my purse and hopped out the car. I glanced at the car beside mine and froze. "Oh hell no." I mumbled. I immediately recognized the car and who'd it belonged to. It was the same red lambo Ariana always drove in. I stared at the car dumbfounded, not believing what I was seeing. Im guessing she was the company Brutus was talking about. I took a deep breath and tried to fix my face from the disgusted look I had on it. I walked down the cobblestone path to his front door and knocked.

When I heard the lock open and door knob turn, my heart immediately started racing. "Hey Simone...I didn't expect to see you here." A smiling Ariana appeared before me. "...Uh yeah...I just stopped by to speak to August.....I thought you guy's date was last night" Ariana nodded. "We decided to go out tonight instead." "Oh.." I said lowly. I looked her up and down, taking in her sports bra and sweats pants and make-up free face. Ariana smirked. "He's somewhere back in there...you wanna come in?" She stood to the side and motioned for me to come in. I shook my head and held up my hand. "No thanks... I'll wait here." Ariana smirked and called for August. She fixed her messy bun and walked away from the door.