You Had A BOYFRIEND!??

Start from the beginning

Barely listening to her I barge out of my room, still infuriated from Connor's reply.

"OKAY FINE! But don't let it happen again!!!" I cut the call and face the crowd.

They all look at me, I must've looked like a raging deranged beast.

"You didn't change your clothes." Dick says flatly.

I snapped.

"EVERYBODY OUT!" I shouted.

"Heeeey! What did we do?" Wally whined.

I eyed Jimmy for a moment. "Sweety, could you go wait in my room for a minute?"

"Sure" Jimmy shrugged, carefree, and walked into my room.

"Sweety?" Dick and Wally echoed.

As soon as the door closed behind Jimmy I whirled on Wally.

"Don't pretend like you're not here because Artemis won't hang out with you because of the stunt you pulled during the attack!" I whisper-yelled.

Wally squirmed.

"Yeaaaaah," he admitted.

"She didn't like you taking her away from the action and dumping her somewhere like a helpless damsel, did she?"

"She didn't," Wally agreed, hanging his head down.

"Now you are going to march over to your place and beg her to talk to you again!" I nag, "And also take flowers, she complains how you never give her flowers."

"I thought she wasn't into that junk!?" he defends.

"Still doesn't excuse the fact that you never damn once gave her any" I counter.

Dick's head snaps at Wally in confusion, "You've never given her flowers!?"

"Dick move" Connor agrees.

"You guys too!?" Wally cries.

Connor pats his shoulder, "We'll pick up some on our way out." And he gets up from the seat.

"And what's you're excuse for coming here? Kryptonian reject" I seethe. After all the rude things Connor said to me tonight there was no way I was letting him off the hook.

"I wanted to at least know where he lived" Connor says, glaring at me. "He never seems to want to tell me..."

I felt a pang of guilt.

Here he was just wanting to know where his -more or less- father lived. Trying his utmost best to connect or relate to him. And here I am, waltzing in and having everything spoon feed to me. So much as living with Kal and being a family.

Man, I feel like crap...

"Don't give me your fucking pity" Connor spat out and proceeds to walk out the door.

I instantly recompose myself.

"JIMMY! YOU CAN COME OUT NOW!" I call.

He smoothly opens the door, "You've redecorated your room since the last time I've been in there," he comments.

I see Dick's face immediately turn purple.

"Clam down, we were only making out behind Clark's back in there" I reassure him. I've become good at calling people by their secret identities in front of others, even when normal people and superheroes were present. The hard part was switching from their real names to the cover names simultaneously.

"Ooooh, Kara has a bad side" Wally teased as he passed by me.

I openly blush and accompany it with a grin.

"I wonder how bad" Dick asked, standing alittle distance from me and looking at me conspicuously. "By the way, what is this guy to you?" he asked while pointing at Jimmy.

"An unavoidable annoyance," I immediately say. "Like a growth on your neck that you slowly come to accept will never leave you and has become a part of your identity" I finish, throwing a warm look towards Jimmy's way.

"AAAAWN!" He rushes over and bear-hugs me.

"That was too nauseatingly sweet" Connor says.

"One of these days you'll realize how amazingly matched we truly are together. And you'll come running back so we can be Metropolis' super couple again!" He beamed.

"Don't hold your breath." Dick chimed in, untangling him from my body and ushering him out the door.

"I must admit Kara, you were cool today" Wally says.

"I'm sorry?" I ask, holding back the door as the group got out.

"When we first meet you, you were kinda shy and awkward, a little mysterious, but also kinda distant." He adds, "But tonight you showed me you're spunky, loud and interesting. It's a pleasure to call you a friend"

Friend...

I giggle.

Everyone raised an eyebrow at me.

"Earlier this evening I was just thinking about how I didn't have any friends and was wondering who had come to visit me," I explained. "But I realized that since I came to earth-uhm...metropolis, I realized that maybe I was more the reason why people didn't include me in things, that it was because I kept pushing myself away from them and convincing myself that I didn't belong..."

I look up at the crowd of boys, feeling a moment of bonding and togetherness.

"You know what?" I say, then swing the door wide open. "You guys can hang here for alittle while longer"

I see Wally nod approvingly and Jimmy was just a huge ball of excitement. But Dick had this look in his eyes that I couldn't read at all.

"Hmph!" I heard from Connor, I look at him. "What makes you think we'd now want to stay...?"

"I wanna stay!" Jimmy screamed, running back into the apartment.

"Yeah, me too. This is fun." Wally says, strolling back in.

Dick shrugs, "I've really got nothing better to do."

Ouch! I felt a pang deep in my chest at his harsh words.

And here I thought he'd been showing steady signs of liking me all night!

"Rrrraugh!" Connor huffed, and marched back inside.

A part of me wanted to slam the door in his face and tell me 'if he didn't want to be here he could just leave!'. But another part of me just couldn't do it.

There was more to Connor then just meets the eye, and if I just kept shutting him out we'd never go anywhere or progress as people.

And maybe who knows? Probably giving him a chance would make me better understand his relationship with Kal and probably put me in a position to fix it.

"Just so you know, first chance I get I'm ratting you and Jimmy out to Superman." Connor growls at me in a low voice, passing me by the door.

Or maybe I'll end up decapitating his snitching ass instead!

"Pssh! Whatever, at least I call fly." I replied snarkily, shutting the door behind me.