The Heart Game Special Chapter

This is a special chapter about Chris and it will be from his POV. Hope you like it.

(Chris' POV)

Ren and Aria got married today. To be honest it does hurt a little. Just a tiny pain from my heart. A little part of me keep saying, "That should be me standing next to her." But I couldn't say that anymore. I hurt Aria's heart way too much. I don't deserve her love. Besides, I've moved on from her already.

But,

If only I drove carefully that night, we would have already say vows to each other and live happily ever after. But no, it already happened so there's nothing I can do about it except moving on with my life.

Aria Green is a unique girl who opened my heart to feel, my eyes to see, and my ears to listen. If I hadn't met her, my life has probably be ruined by my ego and my reckless behavior. When I met her on top of that roof, my heart told me that she was the one. My head, however, told me to stay away from her. Especially from the way she looked at Ren for the first time. But I didn't want Ren to have her since I was falling in love with Aria too and Ren back then, already had Kate. Aria was mine when we were in high school. But after that accident, I did nothing but hurt her more and more. It was not Aria's fault that she left me, it was all mine.

But God gave me a second chance. He gave me Krista Evans. When I lost my memories, she was the only person I didn't push away. I know my closeness with Krista hurt Aria more and more but I didn't know since I lost everything I could remember about her. When I heard Aria and Ren moved to New York, I wasn't surprised. They moved on with their lives, so I will too. I tried approaching Krista for months. But she always backed off. She told me I didn't belong to her, I belong to Aria. My mind was fucked up thanks to that accident so I didn't listen to her and kept chasing for her love.

That night, October 11th, I was walking home after jogged a couple miles. In front of me, there was a drunk man who can barely walked. I offered my help but he just punched me hard directly on my jaw. I didn't want to fight him so I didn't mind him and walked faster. But then, I heard a loud crash from behind. And it was so loud that my ears were hurting. I turned back, and I saw that a car was hit by a truck. The truck tried to avoid the man but instead it hit another car with a whole family in the car. Right there, I felt déjà vu. Everything came running into my mind like a race car. It was so fast, so intense, I was suffocating.

Paramedics were there and they took me to the hospital. My mom told me I kept on saying, "Aria... Aria... I'm sorry. Aria, I'm very sorry...." Everything from before started to pop inside my head. Things began to make sense. When I was conscious, I was desperately calling for Aria. My mom rushed to my bed side and she just hugged me without saying another word. Then she told me that Aria was no longer here, I had a complete break down. I finally got in contact with Ren, telling him that my memories are back and ask him if I can see Aria again. He said I could see her. But Aria was already engaged with him. My heart shattered.

I was so stupid that me being like that, also hurt Krista. After I met Aria, I tried to bring her back to me but she already made up her mind. She wants to be with Ren. And she left. I couldn't handle this pain much longer so I decided to finally forget about her. Aria is in my past. Then I tried to get to know Krista from the beginning. She was so kind and gave me another chance. I was trying to find a heart donator and gladly, I found it. Finally, Krista wants to be with me. She even come to Aria's wedding as my girlfriend. Little does she know I'm going to propose her tonight.

"I can't help you, dude," Ren told me while Aria was dancing with Nadine.

"Why?" I demanded, "I am proposing a girl, Ren."

"You know that this is the first night me and Aria... you know..," he tried to explain.

"Okay, okay, this is your night with Aria. I won't bother," I backed off, "but what if Krista rejects me?"