The Heart Game Chapter 7 The Dream

"Aria, wake up. It's morning."

She didn't wake up. Instead she covered herself with the blanket. And went back to sleep.

"Hey," he started to tickle her, "I'm not going to stop if you don't wake up."

Aria laughed and wriggled away from him.

"So, are you getting up?" he grinned.

"Okay, okay. I'm getting up, Chris," Aria said and walked to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

She just spent the night at Chris' house. They didn't do anything though. They just slept and cuddled each other.

After she finished brushing her teeth, she went downstairs to eat breakfast. Chris' mom is out of town so she can stay here when ever she wants.

"You sit on the table," Chris said, "I'm making your breakfast."

After a while, Chris put a plate of pancakes and maple syrup in front of her.

"Classic," Aria said as she began eating since she's very starving.

"Do you want to go out today? We can get ice cream."

"Sure!" Aria quickly said. Ice cream is her favorite after all.

They got ready and got into Chris' car. Aria held his hand. She held it tightly.

"What's up?" Chris asked.

"I had this dream about you got into an accident," she smiled, sheepishly.

Chris paused. He didn't even move his car.

"Chris?"

He kept quiet.

"Hey, Chris?"

He took a deep breath, "Even if I got into an accident, you need to know that I won't ever leave you. I'll always be by your side."

"Chris? What are you-"

"Time's up. I need to go," he said while he looked at his watch.

"Go where?" her heart started to beat faster.

"You're going to see me since Ren's picking you up," Chris replied, "goodbye for now Aria Green."

"Chris, no. No. Don't leave me." tears are formed in her eyes.

Chris smiled bitterly. He didn't want to leave her either. He wanted to stay with her. He wanted to kiss her and hug her and now, he couldn't because his fate was speaking differently. He kissed her forehead and left her inside his car.

Finally, she stirred into reality.

" Chris got into an accident."

-

"Aria," Ren said when she got in his car, "right before the accident, I was talking to Chris. I called him."

Aria didn't say anything. She shivered hardly as she looked through the window. She didn't want to face Ren. She didn't want to face anyone right now. She just wanted to see Chris.