The Heart Game Chapter 5 Dates?

"A-RI-A," Chris said when he sat next to her in the cafeteria, "wanna catch a movie later?"

"No," she replied, "but I'm up for ice cream."

"You are eating lots of food now. Aren't you full?"

Aria lift one of her eyebrows, "Full? Too full for ice cream? Are you kidding? Here, let me tell you one great fact about ice cream."

"I'm listenin'"

"Ice cream doesn't go all down to the stomach. It goes to your heart," Aria said, while putting one of her hand to her heart with her dramatic face.

"That's a good analogy, darlin," Chris winked his eyes but he laughed afterwards and patted Aria's head. He never called her with nick names like 'honey, sweets, darling', "still though, ice cream's a great idea. You should come, Ren. Ask Kate too. Maybe she wants to come as well."

Ren eyes didn't even move from his phone.

"Dude!" Chris kicked his leg.

"Oh, sorry. Kate's busy. She won't be joining us." Ren said and put down his phone.

"I haven't seen Kate around lately," Chris pointed out, "is she okay?"

"She's just busy with school. Maybe Nadine would like to come?" Ren said, averting the question.

"Yeah you should come. The ice cream there is amazing," Aria smiled.

"Sorry I can't. I'm meeting this guy I met on tinder."

"Seriously? You've got to be kidding," Aria shook her head, "you're going to have fun with Chris Greyson and Ren Zachary, don't you want to come? I thought you like them." She nudged Chris' arm to get his help.

"Well I liked them but I don't like them as a boy friend," she smiled bitterly, "no offense guys," she apologized.

"None taken," Ren said, gently, "be careful. The guy you're meeting can be dangerous so just call Aria and we'd be there in a flash."

"Thanks Ren," Nadine said while packing her stuff, "I have class so I'll talk to you guys soon."

"Do you know who she's meeting, Aria?" Ren asked.

"Well, she's been talking about this one guy. He's a college student and practically single and attractive. Ryan, who I forgot." Aria shrugged.

To make sure that Nadine is safe, they decided to follow her. Nadine waited for her date in front of the cinema. She waited for an hour and she still smiled brightly when she saw him.

"What a jerk," Aria shook her head, "do you think Nadine is fine?"

Chris thought for a while, "I think they're good."

"Are you sure?" Ren asked.

"I asked my men to do some research and Ryan Millstone is a good person. He came from a rich family and stayed on good terms with his family. He never dated anyone. And he never raped anyone either. But he's been online on tinder for quite a while," Chris explained, reading some texts from his phone, "I think we can leave now."

Ren and Aria agreed. Since they were a little far from the ice cream shop, they thought it'd be better if they went home. Chris took Aria home while Ren drove by himself.

"Aria," Chris called her, "stop worrying about Nadine."

"Yeah, I just don't want her to be in a relationship like she once had with Liam Andrews."

"I know, oh yeah, do you want to have fun?" he asked.

-

"Chris, you're terrible at this!" her laughter can be heard over a mile.