The Heart Game Chapter 1 Bitter Sweet Meeting

- Los Angeles, 2010

Four years wasn't a really long time. But it felt like it for Aria Green. Aria hadn't been the brightest and the most popular kid at school. She was rather a quiet girl with a few friends, all in all introvert. But everybody knew she was very good with music, especially the cello. She spent most of her times playing cello in the music room because she thought school was only something that distracts her from music.

"Aria, class is starting in 10 minutes. Make sure you'd be there because you don't want to end up in summer school since you never showed up in French," reminded Nadine, her best friend.

Her school had some classes for troubled students. Like if they had too much absent or bad grades, they'd end up in summer school or extra classes. And that sucks because you need to go to school at holidays.

"I can't. I have to practice cello for the upcoming music festival," Aria said, "besides summer school won't be so bad."

"Whatever you say," Nadine laughed, "I'll see you tomorrow then. Oh, one more thing. I'm going karaoke with Justin and Cathy and the others, do you want to come?"

Aria sighed and looked helplessly and Nadine. She gave Nadine a small smile.

"Haha. Okay, I get it. Bye," she smiled and left the music room.

Thanks to her 'too much absent', Aria needed to go to summer school. But only for French and it started earliest among the other classes. She never really did pay attention to class. She was either arranging some music or listening to her favorite band. Without the other students noticing of course.

"Miss Green!"

Aria quickly closed her music book and removed her earphones and opened her French book. Unfortunately, she brought the wrong book. Instead of bringing her textbook, she brought her aunt's travelling companion. The cover of the book was exactly the same Eiffel Tower, how could she know that?

"Fuck," she muttered.

"Get out!" exclaimed Mam'zelle Rhena.

She grabbed her music book, put back her earphones and walked casually outside. She continued what she was doing earlier but the hallways didn't give her much inspiration. The only place at school she knew would give her comfort is the rooftop since it was summer and the music room was locked.

Aria opened the rooftop door and found a guy smoking. She didn't bother to talk to him so she just sat on the other side, muttering to herself.

"Maybe I should do a crescendo here so it'd be more intense. Or is it okay the way it was before?"

"Did you say something?" the guy asked, putting out his smoke. Loud enough for Aria to hear what he said.

"Huh?" she looked at him, removing one of her earphone, "I was talking to myself."

"Oh. Okay."

Aria looked confused so she didn't say anything else.

"What did you do to Mam'zelle Rhena? She rarely sent a kid out of class and you look like a nice girl."

She gave him a shrug.

"I'm Chris, by the way."

"Why does this boy won't stop talking?" Aria thought.

"What's your name for goodness sake? I gave you mine so I can know yours," Chris sighed, getting impatient.

Aria bit her lip, "Aria. Aria Green."

"Oh," he said as he reached for his back pocket to get another cigarette, "so, Aria Green, have you ever wondered what if feels like to fly?" he asked blankly while looking at the blue sky.

Aria looked at the sky, watching the birds and she replied, "No. Why?"

"I want to fly. And be free like one of those birds."

After he said that, his phone suddenly rang loudly. It made Aria jumped a little.

"Ren! Man, where the fuck are you? I thought you'd be here," Chris yelled.

"I'm on my way to the rooftop. You're still lucky I let you copy my school project. And I'm only here to help you so no playing with girls."

"Fuck you, Ren," Chris laughed and he hung up the phone.

In a few minutes the rooftop door was opened and another student showed up. He walked to Chris and watched Aria for a while.

"Where are your notebooks? Hurry up, I don't have all day," Chris said as he started to opened his notebook as well.

"Here," his friend gave his notebook, "is this your new girlfriend?"

"Nah, we just met," Chris said without looking.

"What's your name?" his friend asked.

Aria took a deep breath, "I'm Aria."

"Aria Green," Chris said and gave her a cheeky smile.

Ren smiled, "Well, it's nice to meet you Miss Aria Green. I'm Ren. Wait, are you arranging a song?"

Aria nodded, hoping they'd understand and leave her alone.

"I play the piano," Ren said, "what about you?"

"Cello."

"Whoa, cool." he said, "maybe we should collab some day."

"Yeah... someday," she put on an awkward smile.

"Ren, lets buy ice cream. It's getting hot. C'mon," Chris stood up.

"Okay. See you some other time, cello girl," he said and walked away with Chris.

"Are you interested in her, Ren?" Chris asked when they got inside his car, "I've never seen you so happy while you're talking to a girl before."

Ren laughed, " Of course not. I already have Kate."

That's their first ever encounter and keep reading to the next chapter! While you're reading this please make sure you read the date above for example 'Los Angeles, 2010' etc. bcs the storyline will go back and forth to make it more interesting.