The Heart Game Chapter 9 Forgotten

"Hi! Are you new?"

-

"Ye-yeah," he muttered.

"I'm Krista. It's nice to see you," she said, "what brings you here? To the hospital."

"Traumatic amnesia. At least, that's what the doctors told me."

"You lost your memories, huh?"

"I don't actually care about it. If there was something important in my life, I must have remembered it."

Krista laughed.

"Oh yeah, I'm Chris."

Krista smiled, "Our names sound almost the same. Chris and Krista. My friends used to call me Kris though so basically our names match!"

He smiled shyly, he even started scratching the back of his neck.

"Do you want to sit with me and the other high school kids?'

"I'm not actually in high school," Chris smiled, sheepishly.

"Then college?"

"Nah, I was in coma so I couldn't make it to the graduation ceremony. I haven't started college either. My mom told me that. What a bummer isn't it?"

"You can say that when you're having a heart disease that makes you have to stay in this hospital for the rest of you life," she grinned.

"Wait, you-"

"Yeah. I have an imperfect heart ever since I was little and there was no cure to it except somebody's willing to give me his or her heart," Krista said, giving Chris a peace sign with her fingers.

"I see."

"I've seen a bunch of people coming in and out of the hospital. It inspires me, Chris. I hope that one day I'll be getting out of this hospital."

"You will. One day."

"Thanks," she gave him a quick smile, "come on, I'll introduce you to the others."

Ever since Chris met Krista, he enjoyed going to teen community. Krista made his days looked like an amazing day. She put everything in perspective. And he couldn't help but starting to develop a new feeling for her. He realized he wanted more than just being friends with Krista.

"I miss Chris," Aria said as she played with her straws, "it's pointless coming here without seeing him."

"I know. But there's a possibility Chris' going to the cafeteria." Ren said, "just keep your eyes open."

Aria and Ren waited everyday in the hospital's cafeteria. They thought Chris would get out of his room and find something to eat. Even though food is provided but there's McDonald's here and Chris loves fries.

"Aria! Look!" Ren patted her arm quickly, "there's Chris!"

"Where?"

"Over there. With a girl?" Ren said, confused. Ren knew he was a playboy before Aria. He prayed that he didn't come back to his usual self.

"Chris!" Aria shouted loud enough for him to hear, "come on, Ren!" she pulled his arm and ran to them.

"Hey, Chris," Ren grinned when he saw Chris.

"Ren, right?" Chris asked, "you came to see me the other day."

"Can we sit here?" Aria asked.

"Yeah, sure," he said, feeling inconvenient.

"Were you Chris' friends?" Krista asked.

"Are," she corrected, "we are Chris' friends."

"Krista, this is Aria Green," Chris introduced them, "my mom told me she was my ex-girlfriend."

"Ex?" Ren asked, confused, "she is your girlfriend. I mean she was. You are dating her before the accident. Have you ever wondered who took care of you besides your parents?"

"Ren, quit it," Aria said.

"It's her!" Ren exclaimed, "you don't know how much feelings I have to endure because of you."

"What.. feelings..?" Aria asked slowly.

"I've realized everything. I like Aria. But I know you like her and she likes you so I decided to back off and endure everything. But if you're just wasting her, I could have just snatched her away like I said before."

"Ren-"

"Well," Chris cut in, "if you like her that much then why don't you just date her? She doesn't have anything to do with me anymore now."

"You bastard!" Ren stood up and punched him.

"Ren!" Aria yelled, she pulled him back, "lets go. Lets get out of this place."

"I couldn't believe we were friends before," Ren said.

They left.

"Chris, are you okay?" Krista asked.

"I'm fine. C'mon, let's head back." Chris said and took her hand.

Aria laid on her bed. She tried not to cry. She buried her head in her pillow. She could still hear Chris' voice very clear.

If you like her then why don't you just date her? She doesn't have anything to do with me anymore now.

She couldn't think of anything except what Chris' said earlier. Every single word hurt her so much. She wanted to help Chris but if Chris' not willing to remember his past, then what can she do? She had a dream that night, about Chris. How could something so dear disappear in a blink of an eye?

"He said what to you?!"

Luckily, Nadine called her and Aria told her everything that happened that day.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Nadine shouted through the phone, "that stupid Chris! Fuck! I'm very sorry, Aria. I'm helpless to you right now. I can't go to LA now because I have exams coming up. And I just got back here."

"It's alright, Nadine. Just focus on your exams."

"No! I can't! Aria, can you just leave that person already? You've wasted 3 months of your future for him! Do you still think it was worth it?"

Aria paused. Nadine was right. Chris is no longer worth her time anymore. But she couldn't just walked out on him. He needed support. But is Krista capable to support him alone? She knew if she left Chris, Ren will do the same thing. She was worried about Chris not having someone to lean to.

"Aria, you there?"

"Yeah, I'm here."

"I gotta go. My study buddy is here," she wailed, "he's pretty hot though, HAHA just kidding. Call me anytime, okay?"

Aria smiled. That sounded like Nadine alright.

"Okay. Bye, Nadine."

"Goodbyeeee my bestie!" she hung up.

At least she knows, Nadine is on her side at this complicated situation because all she needed now, is a distraction from Chris and also the new girl, Krista.

Thanks for reading! This is a weird and short chapter and Aria's having a little breakdown because of Chris. Can you give her your support?

Peace!