Chapter 39

The knock on the door pulls Kara from her deep thoughts. A gentleman dressed in a chauffeur's uniform hands her a box.

"The note inside explains. I'll be downstairs in the car when you're ready ma'am." He turns and walks down the hall.

With a mixture of confusion and excitement, Kara opens the box. Inside is a beautiful dress with a note.

'Please do me the honor of wearing this dress and embarking on a bit of an adventure. Please give me another chance, Kara. Follow the clues...

I love you,

Adam'

By the time Kara has slipped on the dress and done her hair and makeup, Becca is at her door.

"Well, that's the big smile I was hoping to see."

Kara blushes. "What does he have planned?"

"It's a surprise. Here's your first clue."

Kara opens the handwritten note.

'The place we'd satisfy one kind of hunger.'

Kara grins. "Our favorite restaurant."

"Let's go down to the car."

Kara pauses Becca. "I'm really excited."

Becca smiles. "I thought you would be. This is all Adam's idea."

Their first stop is at Kara and Adam's favorite restaurant. A gentleman in a tuxedo hands Kara a red rose and her next clue.

"Thank you." She opens the note.

'Kara: Action or romance?

Adam: A romance of course, Babe.'

"The movie theater." Kara says.

Becca smiles. "Let's go."

At the movie theater, Kara finds a gentleman dressed as Prince Charming. He hands her another red rose and her clue.

"Thank you. Will you be here later? In case this doesn't work out."

"Kara!" Becca slaps her friend on her arm.

She laughs. "I'm just kidding." Opening the clue, she reads it out loud. "Your favorite place to play with my balls." She blushes, realizing the prince is still standing there and trying not to snicker.

Becca cringes. "Um, I'm not sure I want to go to that one."

"Oh chill, it's the football stadium where Adam plays."

At the stadium, one of Adam's teammates greets her with a red rose and her next clue.

"Thanks." She opens the clue.

'Where we set off on an adventure to bring our best friends back together.'

Kara smiles. "The airport."

"By the way, I'm not sure I can ever thank you enough for that." Becca says.

"It's okay. I have a feeling you're repaying the favor right now."

"I love you, Kara. I'm not sure what I'd do without your friendship."

"Aww, I love you too, Becca. And I...I'm sure you'd be completely lost."

They both laugh as Becca pushes her towards the car.

On the way to the airport, Becca asks Kara, "You really love this stuff, don't you?"