Chapter 19

Becca and Kara can hear the key in the front door. Kara reaches across, touching Becca's arm. "It will be fine."

Niall and Adam enter the kitchen. "Hey, Baby, what are you doing here?" Adam says, kissing Kara on the forehead.

Niall gives Becca a kiss. "I missed ya, B."

"I missed you too, Irish."

He catches the look on Becca's face, along with her red rimmed eyes. The almost empty glass of whiskey sitting in front of her is the final straw. "What's wrong, B?"

She looks up at him, forcing a smile. "Nothing."

His blue eyes burn a hole through her. "B, please."

The tears roll down her cheek. How does he always know?

Niall pulls a chair directly beside her, sitting and taking her hand.

"You and Kara were right about Grant." She says.

Niall feels his chest tighten. "What did he do?"

Kara speaks up, recounting what Becca told her and what she'd seen herself.

"You kicked his ass, Babe? Good girl." Adam says with a proud smile.

"Thanks, you crazy nut." Niall says, his words teasing, his eyes full of genuine gratefulness.

Kara smiles. "You're welcome, Leprechaun."

"I'm so stupid." Becca says.

Niall wipes at her tears. "No, you're just too trusting."

"But I trusted you when we first met."

Niall grins. "That's different, I'm a fine, trustworthy lad."

She smiles, some of the heaviness on her heart lifting.

"Did he hurt you?"

The pain in Niall's eyes hurts her soul. "No, but I'm not sure what could have happened if Kara hadn't come when she did. She's my Wonder Woman."

Adam pats Kara's back while she grins. "What did you do to him, Babe?"

Kara smirks. "Let's just say he may not be able to have children now."

"Good job, Kara. He's lucky I wasn't here." Niall says.

Adam snickers.

"What? I'm not much of a fighter, I know." He turns to Becca. "But if someone was hurting you, I'd tear them limb from limb."

Becca smiles, touching his cheek. "You're a lover, not a fighter."

"Damn straight I am." He leans in for a kiss.

"Can we please change the subject?" Kara insists. "What are you guys doing for Christmas?"

"Since we'll be in Ireland next month for the wedding, we decided to stay here for Christmas." Niall says. "What about you two?"

"We decided to stay here as well." Adam replies.

"Why don't you guys come over for Christmas dinner?" Becca suggests.

Kara looks at Adam and he nods. "Thanks, that sounds great. We're going to head home now, ass kicking takes a lot out of me."

At the door, Becca gives Kara a hug. "Thank you again, my friend."

"Anytime. You hear that Leprechaun? Better behave yourself or I'll kick you in the balls too." Kara teases.

Niall puts his hand over the front of his pants as he moves in to hug her. "Seriously, I can't thank you enough, Kara."

Niall lays on the bed, waiting for Becca to finish in the shower. She enters the bedroom wearing only a towel. That's when he notices the bruises on her arms. Jumping off the bed, he stands in front of her. Lightly tracing his fingers over the bruises, he asks. "Do they hurt?"

"Not anymore, no."

"B, I wanna kill him."

"Niall, Kara and I took care of it."

He gently kisses the bruises. "I should have set him straight when you first started working there."

"I don't want to talk about him anymore, I'd rather focus on us. Have any ideas how you can help me with that, Irish?"

He grins, pushing her long wet hair back from her face. "I may have a couple." Taking

her hand, he leads her to the bed. He touches the towel where it's tucked in at her chest, allowing it to fall to the floor. "Beautiful."

On the bed, he gently kisses every inch of her body, bringing her to a frenzied state.

"Niall, please."

Looking into her eyes as he enters her, he says, "I love you, B."

She fights to keep her eyes open, the feel of him inside of her is overwhelming. "I love you, Irish. So much."

They slowly move together until she thinks she can take no more. Their rhythm increases, sending her over the edge, with Niall right behind her.

He holds her in his arms after, kissing the top of her head as she lays on his chest.

His mind starts racing with thoughts of what Grant did. I'm not sure I can let this go.