Chapter 19- 7 Days Until Departure

*****Lori's POV*****

"Lori, get up we have to leave this instant!" Connor panicked at the top of his lungs.

"What's wrong Con, it's too early". I rolled back over in bed.

"No I'm serious, get your stuff we have to leave". He shot off clutching his phone tightly. I wast so confused.

"Con?" I sat up. "What happened?"

"It's Nicola, she was shot". He held back tears. "I just got a call from mum. She said Nicola was a victim in a shooting in the shopping centre". As I opened my eyes I saw Connor was filled with pain. His eyes were bloodshot and his face pale as snow. I darted out of bed and threw whatever I could get a hold of quickly on. Connor did the same and we grabbed our bags. It was out the door and into the car. I was still confused until Connor said we would be going straight to the airport. I just went along and did as he told me. I couldn't bear to see him in such grief, it was horrifying. We rushed to the counter and Connor couldn't keep himself together.

"When is the next flight to Minnesota?" He jumped.

"The next flight is in an hour and there are seven remaining seats. All in economy class". The attendant guy stared at the computer screen.

"We'll take two". Con shouted, leaning over the counter almost, trying to look at the screen. I turned to Connor in shock. It was all so sudden and horrific. Then I remembered, "Connor, what about Vidcon? And your Monday's video? What will the guys and the fans say?"

"Vidcon, the video, the guys and the fans will all have to wait Lori! My sister is... dying". He held back sobs. I understood but was still really concerned. Then I groaned at the fact that we would be waiting here for an hour! The guy gave Con the tickets and he quickly paid for them. We rushed our bags off to the luggage department and went through security scans before sitting down. I couldn't believe what was going on. We were supposed to leave today for Anaheim and arrive at the hotel before sunset. Connor looked so upset. He had his head in his hands beside me. I placed a hand on his back and tried to comfort him.

"It's gonna be ok Connor, calm down and breathe". I gently rubbed his back from shoulder to shoulder. It was so hard to just sit there and watch how grief stricken he was.

"I just hope she's going to be ok". He looked up at me, tears running down his face. I couldn't bear it! I leaned in and kissed him, just as he had the night at Maccas. He pulled away first and now I knew just how depressed he felt. He never, ever, pulls away first. I didn't know what to do now. I just sat there comforting him, saying kind words until we got on the plane.

*****

Halfway there Connor fell asleep, tired from all the panic. I sat with my head on his shoulder, going through his laptop. He had packed it in his carry on bag for Vidcon, but now he let me use it to pass the time. I was just going through un-uploaded videos when I came across the one he was meant to upload today. I lifted my head and checked to see if he was still sleeping. Then I opened the file and took a little peek. There I was, sitting beside him in the corner of his room. He looked so overjoyed. It put a much needed smile on my face. I watched about two and a half minutes until I came across something interesting. He left in our argument about Cookie Monster. I watched as it continued to play, showing every one of our movements together.

* "Connor, the camera".

"Don't worry. I'll edit it out". *

Then we kissed, blocking out the world around us. It was beautiful to watch. I could finally see with my own eyes just how much he loved me, and just how much I meant to him. I was his everything. As he was mine.