BTS Jimin : Medusa's promise

"You were born with this gift Chorong, there's no escaping it" I keep telling myself this but it feels like I'm just lying to myself. This isn't a gift, this is a curse I hate it, I don't want it anymore. I want to live a normal life like a normal mortal.

"By the way Cho, I can tell those glasses are fake, why not take them off and-" my friend Jimin said but I slapped his hands away "No!" I shouted. Jimin flinched and his eyes widened at me "why not?" he asked like I didn't just slap his hands away.

"I just feel comfortable with these glasses on" I said when the truth is, these glasses are letting me look into people's eyes without turning them to stone, yeah, that's the curse I have. I turn people/mortals to stone when I look into their eyes.

"Sorry for trying to get them off then, but don't your eyes hurt?" he asked me and I shook my head again, because these glasses are fake. "It's fine, how did you know they're fake anyway?" I asked. "Dunno, I took a guess because it looks similar to what my cousin has" Jimin said.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, I sighed "it's my sisters again" I said. They aren't really my sisters, I got adopted by their family and the worst part is they're goddesses. Their Greek names are Stheno and Euryale, but they want me to call them Jessica and Krystal.

"Them again?" Jimin rolled his eyes since he hates their title in school.

They made me a Jeong, but I chose myself to be a Park. I never knew who my real parents were and when I was 6, I was adopted by the Jeong family. My 'parents' knew they're goddesses and they called me Medusa. I hated the name but they called me that anyways. They don't know about my power but I badly want to use it on them.

"Hey Medusa!" I heard a female voice call out that name to me. I glared at the person, it wasn't anyone in my family but I can't turn this stupid girl to stone in school. This Mina girl always called me medusa because she knew my sisters called me that. She thinks she can get closer to my sisters by making fun of me as well.

"Shut up Mina" I said and she smirked "well, well, well, medusa seems to stand up to me? How pathetic" she said. I sighed "what's pathetic is you thinking you can gain power by bullying me" I said then Jimin held me arm and shook his head telling me she wasn't worth it. He always did that, but this time, I won't listen to him.

"Is your 'boyfriend' going to stop you again? is he scared you'll be crying like a baby again? Me. Du. Sa?" Mina's smirk got bigger and I pushed Jimin away then took off my glasses. "You want Medusa? I'll give you Medusa" I growled then exactly when our gaze met, she turned to stone.

Everyone gasped and their gazes were on me. I looked down and then Mina's back up grabbed my glasses and stepped on them. "No!" I screamed. "You turn out Mina to stone, I turn your glasses to dust" said Yura and I fell to my knees.

I smirked and looked up to her. When our gaze met, she turned to stone too and everyone began running away from me as they yelled words at me. Monster, freak, weirdo, but I always knew I was when I found out I had this power.

I wanted to cry, my glasses are gone, everyone knows my secret. I bet I'm going to get disowned when I get home. Maybe I should run away.

"Ch- Chorong?" I heard someone say behind me.

I turned around and my gaze met Jimin's gaze.

I gasped and covered my eyes. I can't believe I looked into his eyes. I can't believe I turned my only friend into stone.

"It's okay Chorong, you can look at me" he said and I gasped again. "H-how are you not turned to stone?" I asked because here we are having a conversation while I'm looking straight into his eyes.

"You should've told me you had this power" Jimin said with a smile as his hands held my shoulders. "W-why?" I asked. He let out a chuckle and said "because I'm immortal Cho, I'm a god and you can't turn me to stone".

"What?!" I shouted and he kept chuckling. "Honestly, I was shocked you had this power but it's a good thing I'm here" he said and waved his hand over my broken glasses. A light was being made from my glasses then it was fixed. "H-how d-did you?" I asked while stuttering. "I'm a god, I'm that amazing" he said and I let out a laugh.

"Thanks Jimin, but what god are you?" I asked. "My Greek name is Dionysus, I'm god of wine and theatre" he said. "Is that why you joined the drama club? Isn't that cheating? I mean, you're a god" I said. "Never mind that" he said.

"Whatever, may I have my glasses?" I asked and opened my hand for my glasses. "What? Are you kidding me? You look prettier without these glasses" he said. He got me blushing then he poked my cheeks with my glasses. "Omo, are you blushing? Haha" he said then he put his arm around me.

"How about this? I'll give you your glasses only when mortals are surrounding us, okay?" he said and we were walking down the empty halls. "Fine" I answered.

"Promise me one thing though" Jimin spoke "that you don't tell anyone I'm a god". "Who can I tell? You're my only friend" I said and he pinched my cheek. "Aigoo.... Just promise me okay?" he said and held out his pinky finger to me. I held out my pinky finger too and held his finger with it.

"I promise".