Chapter Twenty Two : A Passionate Touch

En başından başla

The live orchestra was playing a soulful tune soon accompanied by a deep voice of a man.

Without thinking twice, I offered my hand towards her and bowed low enough.

"May I have this dance?"

When a few seconds passed and her hand hadn't touch mine yet, I looked up at her inquisitively.

She was looking down at me bewildered.

"You can dance?"

I chuckled at that as I took her hand and pulled her to me. Both of her hands rested on my shoulders while mine found their way to her waist.

"The first thing we did together was dance."

We had limited space to dance on but it was enough for us. We moved side to side, the flowers and the moon were our audience.

"We haven't danced together, Ruki."

I smirked down at her. So she hadn't remembered that. "Hmm... I have a story to tell."

Her lips formed a smile that reached her eyes.

"Oh? Is it interesting?"

"Very." I nodded, couldn't stop my smile to appear too.

"I'm all ears!"

Staring at her eyes, I reminisced that night as I told her.

"I was in this masquerade ball. I was on my way out to have a smoke, and as I walk out... I was hit by this very delicious unique scent coming from a girl wearing a pink gown..."

Her eyes widened but she didn't say anything. I continued.

"I know I should go and leave but I can't stop myself... I followed her. I found her watching the people dance. Then," I chuckled. "She turned back and I almost knocked her down."

Aya continued the rest.

"But he held me. He helped me to stand back up. Then he asked if I want to dance. I said Yes.... We dance. And I get to stare at his eyes. But almost immediately, he went away."

I nodded.

"Yes he did."

"Is it because of his other side?" She asked like a whisper.

Other side... My beast.

"Yes."

The song was replaced by two hosts telling information about the event. But we hadn't stopped dancing. I danced us to each corner we could go. Taking her other hand, I twirled her to the side before pulling her back in my arms which caused her to laugh.

I held her. I never wanted to let go. I never thought that Aya's existence would be very important to me. I never thought I could feel this way to someone.

As I locked her in my arms, I sang our song.

I wanted her to know how significant she was to me and I showed it as I tried to endure the pain made by my calling thirst. I let her locked her arms around my waist and rest her head on my chest. I let her get close to me.

I sang our song and I listen to her heart beat.

When the last word was sung, the whole place covered in a serene silence.

But that silence didn't last long, because Aya spoke.

She spoke on my chest but I heard it clearly, very clear.

"I love you, Ruki."

I froze.

I stayed frozen as I thought of that one word.

I'd seen a lot of faces of that word since the year I started to exist yet I never get to understand it.

Why would you feel this word to someone who would eventually leave you?

Why would you love a person when you have no assurance that it would be for a lifetime?

Why would you love when you know you'll end up bleeding?

Those were the few questions I had to the person's who are experiencing this kind of emotion.

And right now, I found my answers.

I would never be afraid of abandonment - This feeling would bond us securely.

With this emotion - I'd do anything to make it last for eternity.

It didn't matter if I bleed to death, as long as I'm with her - I know for sure, I would survive.

Slowly, I hold her chin with my pointing finger and thumb, making her look up at me.

I looked into Aya's eyes and saw the emotions swirling. I looked into her consuming gaze, overwhelmed by this feeling we felt towards each other.

What was I saying about restriction earlier? Forget it.

I couldn't leave her.

I couldn't ignore the light she was giving me.

That's why... I hoped and I wished that this feeling I had for her was strong enough to stop my beast.

Slowly, I leaned my face down closer to hers. Even closer. Closer.

Ignoring my thirst, fighting my monster.

I held on. I wanted this.

I needed this.

I needed her.

And at last, my lips reached and touched hers.

They were soft, just like how they looked. They were fragile.

I kissed her gently. I kissed her passionately.

I let my lips show how I felt towards her.

That I'd do anything to fight my other side.

That I loved her.

She kissed me back, making that emotion she uttered into action.

For the first time I felt how it was to be blinded by light.

It was strangely nice.

It was better than being secluded in the dark.

And as I continuously felt her lips on mine.

I felt how it was to live.

I was becoming alive.

And she became my life.