•v•

"just because we don't talk, doesn't mean I'm not interested in you"

Fred Weasley stared at the wall. He could hear the voices from downstairs; Ron and Hermione arguing (most probably something to do with school), Mrs Weasley giving someone a lecture, most likely Ginny and George, but one voice stood out to him the most. A certain colourful-haired witch.
"Remus! Stop Remus that tickles!" Tonks giggled. Remus didn't stop. He kept tickling the witch, laughing as well. He smiled as he looked down at her. For the first time, he actually paid attention to her facial features, and how young she actually was. She had dark twinkling eyes and a heart-shaped face. She was overall a beautiful young woman.

Fred stared at the wall. He didn't know why, but that one voice always stood out to him. It didn't mean anything did it? I mean it was just another person in the Order who has a voice and can talk. Fred sighed, and kept staring at the wall. He heard someone calling his name, but he chose to ignore it.
"Tonks darling, can you please go call Geor- Fred? He's been up in his room for a while," Mrs Weasley asked her. Tonks nodded, making her way upstairs to all of the children's rooms. It didn't take long for her to find Fred and George's bedroom, as the door was slightly open. She peered inside the door, and saw a fiery red-head staring at the wall. Looking a the red hair made her hair shift to the exact same colour, without her knowing it herself.

Fred sat there, feeling someone staring at him from behind. He got a glimpse of long, red hair in the reflection and snapped. "What'd you want, Ginny?" Tonks was taken aback. She'd never seen this side of Fred, or even George before. For starters, she'd never see one without the other. Seeing Fred here on his own, staring angrily at the wall, upset her very much. "Sorry to disappoint you Freddie, but I'm not Ginny," Tonks spoke in a soft voice. She saw his shoulders relax after hearing her voice. "Your mother wants you," she said, and quietly removed herself from the twins' bedroom.
Fred turned around, and just missed her leave, seeing one of her black boots walk off.

Fred groaned to himself, and walked down the stairs, looking miserable as ever. No-one in the living room took notice of Fred, with the exception of Tonks. She tried not to stare at his miserable face, but there was something in her that was longing to know what was making him this upset. There was only one space left for Fred to sit, which was next to the last person he wanted to sit next to. Tonks. He sighed, and turned around to walk back to his room. Much to his dismay, his mother saw him, and asked him to join the rest of the adults.
"Freddie, dear. Come sit with us, we could use a laugh from you. Go, make yourself comfortable. There's a spare seat next to Nymph- Tonks. She might be happy to see you," Mrs Weasley said, hurrying him back to the living room.

Tonks was pulled back by Remus into his lap, so that he could braid her hair.
"Remus! What are you doing?" She squealed. Remus chuckled.
"Just relax, and make your self comfortable, I wanna play with your hair," he said, affectionately.
"Okay!" She replied, setting herself in a comfortable position so that Remus could play with her hair, while she's still part of the Order or Weasley conversations.

Fred walked back into the living room, keeping his eyes glued to the floor. He didn't want to have any conversation with anyone. The exception of that was George, although he was nowhere to be found. He walked over to the couch and looked up and saw that the spot he had been allocated was taken up by Tonks' feet. Tonks didn't seem to notice Fred arriving, and continued to talk to Remus. Remus, however did notice him, but chose not to say anything as Fred stormed off. There was no more available places to sit, until Mad-Eye jumped up to help Mrs Weasley, and a spot opened up next to Sirius Black. Fred smiled slightly, and walked over to sit next to Sirius.
"Hiya Georgie!" Sirius beamed. Fred's smile didn't fade.
"Uh it's actually Fred, but it's alright," he corrected the ex-Prisoner.

"Sorry my boy! You two just look too similar, I always get mixed up," the man said, his eyes creasing as he smiled. Fred awkwardly chuckled.
"So how goes it?" Sirius asked him. Fred looked down.
"Alright I guess," he replied. "Nothing interesting happened since me and George ditched Hogs"
"Ah. And how you going with the ladies hmm? Interested in anyone?" Sirius teased.
Fred blushed. "There's someone is mind, but it's not too serious. I'm sure she likes someone else anyway." Sirius took this opportunity to crack a good joke. "Well. You should date me. I'm always Sirius." Fred laughed at this. "Nah I'm joking, but you gotta admit, that was pretty good," Sirius said.
"Yes, it was," Fred replied, still laughing at the joke.
"Well then, who's this special lady?" Sirius asked, more seriously. Fred flushed red, again.
"Well, she's not in Hogwarts, and she's part of the Order," he said, admitting to himself that he fancied Tonks.

Sirius smirked. "In the Order hmm? I think I've got a pretty good idea of who you're talking about. You have a crush on Hermione don't you?" Fred stared at him. "Erm, Hermione is still in Hogwarts, and I don't think she's in the Order."
Sirius smacked his face. "Not Hermione sorry. I meant to say Tonks. You have a crush on Tonks, not Hermione."
Fred blushed a deeper red than ever before. But before he could say anything else, their conversation was interrupted. "Padfoot?! Can you come over here please?"
Sirius sighed, but stood up to make his way over to Moony and Tonks. But before he left, he winked at Fred, and turned around to walk to Remus.