•iii•

"there will be dozens of people who will take your breath away but the one who reminds you to breathe is the one you should keep"

Weeks went past, and Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks grew closer and closer. They were often paired up for missions for The Order of The Phoenix. Remus secretly liked it when they were paired up together. Remus Lupin was one of the only friends that she had. Sure she had Molly Weasley, and Fred and George were a real laugh, but she felt like Remus was an actual true friend. They were practically best friends. You wouldn't see Remus Lupin without Nymphadora Tonks. Remus was the same as Tonks. He never really became good friends with anyone in the Order. Of course he had Padfoot, but since he can't go out, more than once Remus has been on his own. But since meeting the bright young witch, he finally had a friend.

~~~

12 Grimmauld Place was filled with chatter and the smell of freshly cooked food, as Christmas neared. Members of the Order, the entire Weasley family, and some family friends were all together in this house.Remus didn't mind Christmas time, but it wasn't his favourite time of the year. Come to think of it, Remus didn't have a favourite time of the year. But his least favourite time of the year was Halloween, since that was the night two of his best friends died, one of them was sent to Azkaban, and the other had betrayed them.

Tonks on the other hand loved Christmas. She enjoyed giving gifts to young kids, and morphing herself into Santa Claus. Tonks only ever spent Christmas with her mother, Andromeda, Sirius' favourite cousin, and her muggleborn father Ted Tonks. After Andromeda married Ted, she was disowned from the Black Family, a family with a history of purebloods. Andromeda' sisters, Bellatrix and Narcissa however married purebloods, Rodolphus LeStrange and Lucius Malfoy. Nymphadora Tonks never met any of her aunts. A reason for that was because Bellatrix LeStrange was in Azkaban. She didn't mind though. She'd heard from her mother that the Black family were foul people.

                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas Day came, and everyone was in the cheeriest of moods. Sirius Black was even singing "God Rest Ye, Merry Hippogriffs" at the top of his lungs.
Remus, on the other hand wasn't as excited. Sure he was happy about Christmas, and happy to see that Pads was happy, but here was a thought nagging at the back of his head. He was becoming increasingly close with Nymphadora Tonks, who she saw as nothing more than a friend. But sometimes, he wondered if they could ever become something more. Remus knew that Tonks would never have feelings for a dirty creature who was thirteen years older than him. Remus never actually thought about getting married, of having kids, or having a happy life. He always thought that he never deserved to be happy, with his lycanthropy.

He never let himself fall in love. Sure he had a couple girlfriends during his time at Hogwarts, but they weren't serious relationships.
Remus also didn't think Nymphadora would like him back, especially since they were years different in age. But Tonks never thought about how much older Remus was. She enjoyed his company, and that's all that matters. So what if he wasn't as good looking as Sirius Black? His scars show that he is brave. Nymphadora never once thought about Remus' lycanthropy. She saw him for what he was, a chocolate-loving nerd. Remus thought he was a scary monster who would attack anyone, which is half true, but he was quite the opposite of a monster. That's what she loved about him.

Nymphadora Tonks saw Remus sit on an old armchair for two, and decided to go sit with him. "Wotcher Remus!" She said happily, startling the man. Tonks felt embarrassed, as this was the second time she'd done this to him."Hey Tonks," he said softly. It was hard not to get lost in his chocolate eyes.
"Whatcha doing?" She asked, less happily as she did before. Remus shrugged.
"Sitting here I guess, there's not really much else to do, I mean Sirius is doing his own thing and I don't want to disturb him"
He pointed toward Sirius Black talking to Bill Weasley, a glass of red wine in his hand. Who knows what they were talking about.
"D'you mind if I sit here?" Tonks asked carefully, trying not to scare the young man again.
"Sure, by all means. I don't think anyone else is gonna sit here anyway," he said, gesturing to the seat beside him." "Cheers" Tonks mumbled.

"Want some chocolate?" Remus asked. "No thanks," Tonks politely declined. Remus shrugged his shoulders and said "Your loss"

Remus stared at Sirius enjoying himself. It's been so long since he'd seen Sirius this happy. All the time his been here, he hasn't been very happy. You would feel the same if you had to live in your childhood house full of terrible memories. But since Harry Potter had arrived, his mood seemed to had risen.
Tonks looked aside at Remus, and noticed that he was staring at his old friend. She made an idle comment about him.
"He's still handsome isn't he, even after Azkaban?" Before Remus could stop himself, he replied bitterly.
"I suppose you've fallen for him then. He always got the women" Tonks was shocked at this.
"First of all, Sirius is my cousin. Second of all, you'd know perfectly well who I've fallen for, if you weren't to busy feeling sorry for your self to notice!" And she left.

Remus didn't stop smiling the whole night.