•ii•

"Heaven in her eyes, hell behind mine"

"Everyone ready?" Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody grumbled, his fake eye moving all around. "Yes yes" everyone murmured, just wanting to get this task over and done with. Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, Alastor and Kingsley Shacklebolt had all been assigned the task of rescuing Harry Potter.
Remus wasn't completely excited for this job, but he was looking forward to seeing his best friends' son. Tonks on the other had was buzzing with excitement. "Oooh I can't wait to meet him! I've heard so many great stories about him! Has he really got the scar? I obviously believe him when he says the Vold- I mean You-Know-Who is back, even though the ministry denies it. Oh I can't wait to meet him!" She said.

"Tonks, for god's sakes! Pipe down or you won't be coming with!" Mad-Eye growled at her. She immediately stopped and her hair became dark grey. Remus found it amusing how much the witch was obsessing over the teenage boy. It reminded him of how infatuated James Potter was with Lily Evans, his future wife and Harry Potter's mother. "Before we go, I have a job for you Tonks," Alastor grumbled. Tonks whipped her head up in surprise. Although she was Mad-Eye Moody's favourite, she never really got any jobs from him.
"Yes sir?" She asked.
"I need you to write a convincing letter to Mr and Mrs Dursley and their son to get them out if the house.

Tonks agreed, and instantly wrote a letter. She told them that there was an award ceremony for the best kept suburban lawn in England, and that they could win something. They owled the letter to the Dursley's, and got ready to leave. Remus Lupin sat on his old broom, and got ready to take off. Tonks saw Remus on his own and decided to stick with him, since she didn't really know anyone else, besides Mad-Eye, but he was busy with himself.
"Wotcher Remus!" Nymphadora said brightly and unexpectedly, causing him to jump.
"Oops sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," she mumbled, embarrassed that she scared someone much older and wiser than herself.

"No no it's alright. No need to apologise, I should've expected it," Remus genuinely said to her. He should've expected it, I mean he was a werewolf. Normally they pick it up. But Remus didn't mind. He liked having a friend. "Oh. Oh okay. S-sorry," she stuttered, not knowing what to say. Tonks felt her cheeks heat up, as she was embarrassing herself with every word she said. Remus noticed a badger tattoo at the back of her wrist. "Hufflepuff?" He asked. She looked up. "Y-yeah, what gave it away?" she asked. Remus pointed to her tattoo. "Oh yeah. Me and Charlie Weasley, I'm sure you've heard of him, were friends while we were in Hogwarts. He got a lion tattoo and I got a badger to symbolise our house, and our friendship."

Remus liked that. He'd never thought about getting tattoos with his old friends, James, Sirius and Peter. "It's cute," he said. Tonks smiled. "Thanks Remus Lupin." She walked over to give him a fist pump, but she accidentally tripped over her laces on her shoes.
She stood up and tried to brush it off, but ended up tripping again. Remus felt bad for the young witch and helped her up off the floor. "Thanks Remus" she mumbled, not looking Remus in the eyes. But he ignored that, and proceeded to talk to the young witch. "Shall we go?"
"Yeah s-sure," she replied, as they kicked their feet off the ground, starting their journey to 4 Privet Drive. Remus didn't know what to say to the pink-haired witch while they were flying. He decided to ask her about her career.

"So Tonks, you work at the Ministry?" She nodded. "How long have you been working there?" He asked thinking that this was a one-way conversation.
"I've only been working there for about one year. I spent three years before training to be an auror with dear Mad-Eye," she explained, feeling more comfortable after embarrassing herself in front of Remus. "What about you? Where do you work?" Tonks asked, but instantly regretting it when his face dropped to a scowl. "S-Sorry for asking," she apologised yet again. Remus wasn't mad at her.

"It's fine honestly. It's just that the Ministry are quite against werewolves, since they're 'such dangerous creatures' so I haven't been successful" he explained. Tonks widened her eyes in surprise. She wasn't expecting Remus to be a werewolf. But now that she knew, the signs became more clear, especially the giant scar running across his face. "You're a werewolf?" She asked, trying to be cool. He nodded. "Wow," she said in astonishment. Remus was surprised."You didn't know? I thought everyone in the Ministry knew about 'Remus Lupin the Werewolf. Oh no! We mustn't hire him! He's too dangerous! He's going to attack us all' he mocked. Nymphadora shook her head. "Never heard of you," she said. "N-no offence," she added, thinking she was being rude. Remus just chuckled. "Your quite a funny witch Nymphadora Tonks." And for the first time since she was very small, she didn't mind her full name.