•iv•

"he had beautiful eyes. the kind you could get lost in. and i guess i did"

Christmas ended, and Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and the twins returned to Hogwarts. The Order went back to saving the world from Vold- I mean You-Know-Who. Remus and Nymphadora never talked about what had happened on Christmas night. Every time they were partnered together for missions, they never talked to each other. They both felt awkward around each other. Tonks especially felt awkward around Remus. She didn't mean to say what she said. But she also didn't know what he thought she said. She was afraid that Remus had taken it the wrong way.

"You'd know perfectly well who I've fallen for, I'd you weren't too busy feeling sorry for yourself to notice!"

These words haunted Remus Lupin's ears. He didn't know what she meant by that. Who had she fallen for? Was it him? Remus hoped that it was. Remus had never fallen in love before. He wasn't entirely sure that this was love that he had with Nymphadora Tonks. He wasn't even sure he had feelings for her. If they were, it was just his mind thinking he liked her.Remus decided to push his feelings for the bright witch to the back of his mind. Nymphadora, on the other hand, wasn't able to put her feelings aside. She couldn't help the way she felt about Remus Lupin. She didn't care if he was a werewolf, or that he was 13 years older than her, or that he has giant scars on his face from his monthly transformations. She didn't care about any of that. The only thing that mattered was that he had a heart of gold. Remus Lupin was not a monster.

One particularly cold morning, Mad-Eye Moody assigned Remus and Nymphadora to a very important task.
"Remus and Nymphadora-" he started, before being interrupted by a fiery, unnatural red-headed witch.
"Don't call me Nymphadora! I told you to call me Tonks!" she growled. Remus chucked to himself. He decided to ask her a question that he'd been wanting to ask since the day he met her. "Pardon me for interrupting, but I must ask this. Tonks, why do you like to be called be your last name?" Tonks was taken aback. She wasn't expecting Remus to talk to her, let alone ask her why she hated her first name so much. She smiled. "Well if you must know Remus Lupin. You would want to be called by your last name if you fool of a mother had called you Nymphadora" Remus smiled back.
"I like it. It's unique." Tonks blushed. She was blushing a violent red, just like her hair.

"Thank you Remus Lupin. You're the first person who's ever said they like my name," she mumbled, just loud enough for him and Mad-Eye to hear. Remus smiled.
"Alright, alright, save the lovey-dovey stuff for later, we have a job to do," Mad-Eye growled, causing Remus and Tonks to both jump and blush.
"Right, let's do this task. You two. we need you guys in the Department of Mysteries."
Remus and Nymphadora looked at each other. They were both secretly glad they had been partnered together. Though they would never admit that to each other.

They nodded. "We'll need you two to apparate there. Nymphadora was worried. She wasn't the best when it came to apparating. She normally was with someone when she did. But it was just her and Remus. And she didn't think that Remus wanted her to hold on to him when they apparated.
Remus noticed that Tonks seemed uneasy. She wasn't usually like this. She was sweating, and her hair was a dark shade of brown.
"Hey Nymp-Tonks! Are you okay?" He asked the small witch. She didn't seem to notice him speaking to her.
"Tonks? Hey Tonks? Are you there?" He asked again, but no response. He touched her shoulder, making her jump and scream in fear. She back away in fear, until she realised that it was Remus Lupin. Remus didn't know how to respond. He just witnessed a witch run away from him. Well, that's not the first time that's happened. Many people, witches and wizards, ran away from him, when they saw him it when they found out what he was.

"S-sorry Remus," Tonks stuttered, trying to hold back tears. Remus stared at her.
"What are you sorr- wait why are you crying?" He asked, moving closer to the small witch. She hesitated at first, but then moves closer to the man.
"I-I-I can-n't a-apa-" she started, but then stopped. Remus stared at her.
"You can't what Nymphadora?" She flinched at her name.
"I can't apparate," she spoke really quickly. But Remus heard her.
"You can't apparate?" He asked her. She nodded.

Remus chuckled. Tonks felt hurt that he was laughing.
"Well why didn't you say so! I can help you apparate if you want," he offered. Tonks looked at him.
"Y-you'd do that for me?" She sniffed, and wiped her nose in the back of her hand.
"Well of course! Why wouldn't I? I lo- you're like my best friend!" Remus said, almost letting something spill. She smiled, he held out his arm and she grabbed it. They apparated into the Department of Mysteries.

Remus accidentally tripped over something, which made Tonks fall over as well. She landed on a person. That person was Remus Lupin.
"Whoops, sorry about that Remmy," the young witch said. Remus looked at her.
"Remmy?" She nodded and smiled. Her smile faded when he wasn't.
"Yeah. Do you like it?" She asked, unsure if she should've called him that.
He smiled. "Yeah I do"