Moving

One -two kick."WOOO!" I heard the water bottle smash into the wall and I looked to Sky. I never went home. I didn't even go to school I came here to the gym. A great week so far right? Finding out that my uncle had the same thing happen to him that's happening to me now. Finding out my parents have been lying to me for years and so much more now. I'd say it 's the best week of my life so far and it's only Tuesday.

Please, note the sarcasm.

"Honey I'm so proud of you." Sky said as she ran up to me."But you need a break. Don't you have a date with Ash?" I looked at the clock on the wall behind her. 1:30. I didn't fully forget about it. But can she honestly blame me?

"I have enough time to take a shower. I'll be fine."

"Okay now, what about talking to your parents. I can't just tell my mom that's it's just a sleep over for the rest of high school experience. No matter how fun that would be. My mom already has to feed my brother who's a pig."

"I can pitch in with groceries then."

"No, Rachel you're going to have to face your parents sooner or later."

"It's not facing my parents that scares me. It what I'll say or do. I've been more like myself and Nora than I ever been. I don't know if I'm ready to face what might come out of my mouth."

"Besides sarcasm and truth?" Sky crossed her arms."If you don't I'll drag you there myself. They need to hear it. After lying to you for so long, they deserve it. Parents or not. They may think they were doing the right thing but they weren't."She walked off while I left for the showers.

She's right and knows it. I can't just suddenly move into her house without an explanation to everyone. The fact that the text are nonstop with my parents and siblings while I've been only ignoring them. Probably only making them more worried. Sky at least had the sense to say I was fine to all of them and that it was best to leave me alone.

Ignoring my brothers wasn't the way to go. Unless they lied to me too but I don't think my parents would lie just to me because none of my brothers can keep a secret long. And punishing them for something they didn't do isn't fair.

One thing is for sure though, I can't stay in that house with my parents. Moving in with Emmet or Leo are really the only choice. A long conversation for later. A hot boyfriend to pick me up for a date is now. I showered and dried my hair then got into a pair of ripped jeans and a gray hoodie with only a tank top under it. I waited for Ashton's text at the front of the gym. When I saw his car pull up I ran out and got in.

The drive to the mysterious date was quite. Not because we couldn't talk. It's because I can't. Thinking about what I'm going to tell my parents and how I'm going to as my brother to let me move in with one of them it's a little distracting. How can I give a reason for moving in with them without seeming crazy. "Hey Emmet, Leo, I don't trust our parents because they've been lying to me since I was a kid and I can't live with them anymore." With brothers like mine...they're going to need a very good reason.

"You okay?" I looked over at Ashton and put on my small fake smile.

"I'm great."

"No, don't do that. That fake little smile you do. What's wrong?" Damn, he knows me too well."Is it what's going on with your parents?" he asked. I looked over at him and he glanced at me. He kept his eyes on the road with a look like he'd been caught."Sky might have texted me telling me that you were mad at them."

I'll kill her later. No wonder she walked out of the gym so fast.

"They lied to me. And not just a little lie...a really big one. And I don't think I trust them anymore. I'm going to be asking my brothers if I can move in with one of them."

"Are you serious?That bad of a lie?" He looked so concerned. He has such a big heart. The fact that I'm his significant other just made it double. Knowing that I'm going through a bunch a crap makes him want to do anything he can.

"Yeah. That bad. I have an uncle. He left when I was a kid and I haven't seen him since. We were really close when I was little. My parents told me he left because he wanted to do some soul searching and just see the world. But turns out...they betrayed him. Drove him away."

"That's messed up."

"I know." I took a deep breath. A night that's supposed to be a date night and fun was slowly going to end with a dead mood. One where we're just going to want to go home."But enough talking about that. Where are you taking me? I walked as we pulled into the wooded camping area."Okay, I'm not equipt for camping." I said.

"Good thing I am." For a moment he looked over at me with a smile."I talked my uncle into letting me borrow his camper for a night. I've already moved it and I have food, chargers, and movies in the trunk. A night under the stars and eating smores.

It was a small camper but nice. I went inside the camper to put the food away while he set up a fire. Other people were camping but no teens or kids in sight. They, of course, have school. But who says we can't miss our morning classes? After all, I am doing just fine in my classes. Ashton did pretty well but could still miss a couple classes. I picked the blankets off the bed and brought them outside. I handed him on of the three and watched as he laid it down on the ground close to the fire pit. He sat down and I sat in front of him so my back was to his chest.

He took the hot dogs and put it on the long metal sticks. It was cold but I was covered in clothes and a thick blanket and so was Ash. We can stay outside long enough to cook our food, and eat a smore. I looked up at the stars as I let my hot dog cook. So many bright stars. So many times when I was a kid I just looked up at the sky and just saw light. Now, I could find the shapes and Identify some constellations. Nora's brain in mine, allowed me to know nearly all of them. Even know who to get anywhere using the stars as a map.

"Thankyou..."I looked up at Ashton.

"For what?"

"I really needed this. Truth be told...I kind of like this isolation."That was me. I can see why Nora liked it. No family to deal with. No drama. Just peaceful, bliss, isolation. The woods, the outdoors, working out. Al of it has become my new way of finding peace.

Some people do yoga. Some people meditate. Me I punch dummies or run through the woods. Not entirely weird right?

"Glad you like it. At least I know what we'll be doing this summer." I Smiled and looked back at the fire leaning on his chest. A nice long camping trip seemes perfect.