Chapter 18 : Anika is Insulted

Start from the beginning

I smirked. "Mrs. Handa and Mrs. Malhotra.....if the Rose Society is so glad, it would not have sent you here. What do they think about the three Richest families pulling out because of you?"

Mrs. Malhotra grimaced. She passed me a letter. "The head of the Original Rose Society would like to meet you and discuss some things."

I took the letter and opened it.

Dear Ms. Anika,

My apologies for what happened at the recent meeting. I would like to know when you would be free to meet up and discuss your ideas for the Gala as well as would love to see you back in the Society. I heard from Ms. Malthi Raichand that you had some really good ideas.

My Sincere Apologies,

Anandita Roy

Head of Rose Society

I closed the letter. I was done with the Rose Society no matter what and I did not want to deal with it again.

"Let her know that I will be happy to make her acquaintance but I will never join the Society again nor will any of the Ranas. You will have to talk to Mr. Oberoi regarding his sisters and sister-in-law."

Mrs. Handa and Mrs. Malhotra became two shades lighter. "Anika Beta.....how can you leave the society? We need you." Mrs. Handa stammered.

I scoffed. "You do not need me, Mrs. Handa. You need the money that I control. But that is not happening especially not after what you said about my kids."

And I made my exit.

Rudra POV

"Rudra Beta, we talked to Anika bitiya but we would like to talk to your Shivaay Bhaiya also. I agree that yesterday what happened was wrong but can you really punish the society for our mistake." Mrs. Malhotra crooned.

I felt my blood boil.

"What you did yesterday is unforgivable but the fact that you have been doing the same thing to my wife for the past few months is even worse. We may have been intoxicated when we married but for your kind information, we have more love between us than you have had in your marriage till date. Don't think that we don't know about your husbands' escapades." I yelled. I wanted to close my mouth as I knew this would cost the Oberois crores but was so angry even death would not be able to shut me up.

"Rudra Beta, we never said anything to Saumya bitiya that way. Yesterday Anika...." Mrs. Malhotra said.

"Stop right there!" I shouted. "You probably never said anything much to Saumya except for a few cheap childish vibes but your implication that my Bhabhi's kids are illegimate gives....."

Suddenly, I heard what sounded like a lion's roar.

"How dare you?" Shivaay Bhaiya snarled and strode forward. I held onto Shivaay Bhaiya's arm. He looked like he was going to throw a blow and Mom and Chotima would be very angry if he hit a woman.

The two women paled. "Get out of my house this instant. Let Mr. Malhotra and Mr. Handa know that the Oberoi deals are longer in talks. Khanna! Khanna! Mina!"

Khanna came rushing in. Followed close behind by Mina. "Yes Shivaay Sir."

"Throw these two ladies outside the gates." He ordered Khanna.

"Mina, email their husbands to come and meet me tomorrow first thing."

The two women were soon pushed out of the house.

"Shivaay Beta....Humari baat toh sun lo....Shivaay Beta...." The two of them squealed.

"If I don't destroy the Malhotras and Handas then I am not SSO." Bhaiya yelled as I clutched onto his arm to prevent him from throwing a blow.

"Bhaiya! Calm down."

Shivaay yanked my hand out of my grip. "How could they?"

He rushed off in the direction of his room. Soumya rushed to my side. "Rudra! Bhabhi is inside. What if he...."

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Maybe this will fix their issues." Ishana was standing behind us with Om and Priya.

"Who let them in?" Saumya asked. "I mean when I came into the living room, they were already there."

Ishana gently placed her hand on Saumya's hand.

"Come let us all go somewhere. Let the two of them spend sometime. Maybe we can get our Jethani back. As it is Pinky, Chotepapa, Mom and Dad have gone to the Singhs for their daughter's wedding. So we all will go for some movie. We will come back by night."

So plans were made and we all left the house.

Author's note: This story will end in 3 - 5 chapters. Most likely.