Chapter 4: The Meeting

Rudra POV

"Dil Bole Oberoi..." I whispered to the photo frame. The last picture on the day of Shivaay Bhaiya's wedding. The wedding that changed us all.

Soumya came up behind me. "Don't worry Rudra...everything will be fine."

She was my only support as my brothers had jumped at each other's necks. More like O killing Bhaiya. I mean Bhaiya had sent Bhabhi away despite her pleading him. She had begged and I did not say anything at all.

"When Soumya?"

Soumya sighed. She did not know. I knew that Bhaiya did not even know where Di was.

Suddenly I heard anklets chiming across the corridor. The last time I heard such a noise when that Tia witch dragged Bhabhi out of the door.

"Bhabhi..." I ran out of the room. I saw a man running and a lady running after him.

"I am going to kill you if you call me chutki again." her voice seemed so familiar.

Soumya came behind me. "Are you mad? Why did you run off like that?"

I shook my head. "Nothing."

I took her hand and led the way to the hall.

Anika POV

Billu's chutki...I thought with a smile. How did Om come up with these things?

"Chutki...Om will bring you down. I have to be with Mallika. And you should rest for some more time."

I glared at Bhaiya. He just smiled.

"Om, I am going to complain to Ishu."

Om looked at me and smirked. "Right now, I think she would be on my side on this matter."

I want to go down. I planned everything. What sort of torture is this? You are just like your father.

"Anika, don't blame Billu in this matter." Om said.

Sid bhaiya started laughing.

Hmph...my brothers both were being such a burden.

I turned to the other side and sat.

"Om...Anika...Mom said that it would be better if we introduced you later, chutki." Naina didi said. I was glad.

When we walked into the hall, it was super crowded. People were congratulating Mallika and another lady who was facing away from me.

Bhaiya was with a group of guys. I clenched Om's hand.

"Calm down Anika...they are just people...I know they are high class snobs but you are also high class now. A Rana, one of the business empire heirs, people are here to please you. See there are the Raichands, Dhruv Raichand has been trying for a merger with Ranas for the past 3 years."

I felt like laughing. These people had been there for my humiliation as well.

I saw Asha, one of my helpers signalling to me. I walked to her.

"What happened Asha?" I asked.

"Oh Anika...I should have guessed that you were the one that arranged all this." My hands trembled slightly. Why was I feeling so scared?

"Yes...Mrs. Kapoor. I am so sorry that you had some problem...how can I help you?" I asked with a smile.

Mrs. Kapoor walked to me. "Anika...so now you have changed families to cheat. But I thought Siddarth was already married." She asked mockingly.