Chapter 8: When Everything Falls Apart

Start from the beginning

"Leave that.......Anika is pregnant."
"What?"
That is great news.
"Yes Tia. Now we have a new threat. There is a heir to the Oberoi empire. Anika has serious complications, so no one will be too shocked if the child gets aborted." With that she cut the call.
What! Abort a child? No I cannot do that. Robin would never forgive and neither can I. I have to tell Shivaay.
Suddenly, someone held my shoulder. "Don't you dare Tia. If you do, see what I do." Mother threatened.
No.....No....I will not let this happen.

"Chotima.....Bhabhi is pregnant." Rudra ran into the house. Om, Anika and Shivaay were walking behind.
"Kya?" Pinky aunty stormed forward. She grabbed Anika by her arm.
"Aah....Aunty...." Anika had tears coming out of her eyes.
"Who knows whose child you are trying to put on my son's head. You know that the media will take your side." Suddenly Anika pulled her hand out of Aunty's grip.

"You don't have to worry at all. This is not Shivaay Singh Oberoi's child and I will give this statement in whichever place you want me to."
Pinky aunty's face contorted into some sort of evil witch. "Oh....so, it is a Rana. Maybe that Dev Rana, the behind the scenes Rana.....now that would explain why Siddarth Vikram Rana was so worried about you."
"Chotima, if you don't consider Anika your bahu, it is none of your business." Om spoke up.
"What nonsense Omkara, she is the so called Oberoi Bahu." Tej uncle said.
Om's face became dark. "Well, that should be none of your business, Mr. Oberoi. You are the one that had so many mistresses."

Anika looked very upset. She rushed to Shivaay's room and slammed the door. This attracted everyone's attention. Shivaay ran to the door.
"Anika...open the door. Anika...." He shouted. He pushed the door and it swung open. He immediately went inside and closed the door.
"Oh my mata. My poor Tia is pregnant with my beta's child and he is after Anika."

Shivaay POV

Knowing that she was pregnant was a shock.
As I walked into the room, I saw her looking out of the window. The reflections from the pool made her look an angel.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She turned to look at me. Her eyes were red. "Why would I when the child is not yours?" Her reply came in a single beat.
"DON'T LIE ANIKA!" I shouted. I could hear Rudra and Om outside the door.
"Why should I lie, Mr. Oberoi? I mean why would I? My child would become the owner of this empire then why would I lie?" She replied calmly. I tried searching her eyes but there was not a clue in them.
No....She is lying. "We will do DNA testing!" I exclaimed.
"NO. WE WON'T." She argued.

"Anika, just keep quiet and come."
She came towards me and glared at me. "Do you even know how dangerous DNA testing is? It could kill a child. And I will not have my child's life put in danger for a man who is not even the Father."
The woman in front of me was not Anika. The laughing giggling Anika I knew. The one who would crack crazy jokes and laugh at the craziest of things.

"Sid and Mallika are coming here today." She remarked as she took her clothes out. "And I am going home with them." She added.
"But Anika what about the deal?" I asked again.
"I don't care." She shouted.
"But Anika a deal is a deal. You can't go and what about our child?"
"I don't care about any deal and I am telling you the child is not yours." She shouted and went to the bathroom.
"Bade Bhaiya, Sid Bhaiya and Mallika Bhabhi are downstairs." Soumya came and told me after sometime.
Anika stepped out of the bathroom. She just brushed passed me.
I guess it's time for the Oberois to meet the Rana heiress. I thought as I followed her. What would she do then?
When we reached the hall, I saw Sid and Mallika talking to Mom and Badima.
Sid saw Anika and got up.
"Chutki, how are you?" Mom's face changed into a sneer.
Anika ran to him and hugged.

Mallika got up. "Ma sent this suitcase for you. She said that the clothes that you took was not fit for an Oberoi daughter-in-law and Papa said you have to fill these forms. When are you coming to the office?"
Anika looked a bit uncomfortable.
"Kyun Mallika beta, why will Anika come to the office?" Badima asked.
"Kyun Maasi.....is she busy here?" Sid asked. His face did not look happy.
Mom was about to reply when Anika spoke up.