Chapter 5: Shivaay finds out

Start from the beginning

"Dev, what do you mean? How can you not remember the past 6 months? You were supposed to be with the Oberois. You know he has been calling me for the past 3 months asking where you disappeared and now you appear at my house." hissed a voice. Why did it sound like Bhaiya? And what did he want from the Oberois? And finally who is Dev?

I slowly pushed the door open to see someone seated on a chair and Sid Bhaiya pacing across the room.

"So basically the last thing you remember is getting the order to be Tia's close friend?"

The other man nodded. "Haan Sid. That is all. Then when I woke up yesterday in the hospital, I could not remember anything. The man who brought me to the hospital said he found me on the road." He got up and walked towards the coffee machine. He suddenly looked towards the door. For a minute, I thought he saw me but then he turned around.

"Chutki, come in." Bhaiya called out. I felt myself being whisked away from behind the door. I was made to sit on a chair.

I saw the man and my eyes nearly popped out.

"You? What are you doing here?" I shouted.

Both the men looked shocked at me. Sid bhaiya came and sat beside me.

"Anika, you know him?" He asked calmly.

My blood was boiling. "Bhaiya, stay away from him. He is that chudail's friend."

"Chudail?" the man asked.

Hmph...acting like he did not know.

"Haan Chudail...woh cheapdi...that creature downstairs...that Tia."

Siddarth looked bewildered. "Tia?"

I nodded. "Haan Bhaiya, when I was at the Oberois, I saw him with Tia all the time."

The two men exchanged looks.

"Anika, do you know who he is?"

I nodded. "Haan Cheapdi ki jaan" I replied.

The other man got up. "What? No impossible. Sid, I would remember something like that."

He held my face. "Anika, are you sure?"

How dare he touch me with his disgusting hands? I pushed them away.

"Chutki, this is Dev. Your cousin." Sid whispered.

I got up shocked. This creep was my cousin. Rich snobs are really complicated. I walked away from the two of them.

"Stay away from me." My vision started fogging. Not now bacchu...please not now. I felt the two men guide me to a chair and give me water.

"Anika...Dev is a spy for the army." Siddarth said.

A spy...so he was spying on my billu. How dare he?

I glared at Dev who sat silently watching me. He seemed nice and a bit cute especially the way he kept looking at the door, almost like a small kid trying to steal chocolates and checking whether someone was going to catch him.

"The Oberois are handling some business documents for the army and someone has been trying to get the papers and documents from within the house. Some information was leaked. So Dev was trying to find out who." Sid explained.

"Anika, when did we meet? When where you at the Oberois?" He looked worried and tensed. Was he acting or did he really not know?

"I was Tia and Shivaay's wedding planner. I saw you once then and after my wedding..."

Dev looked shocked. "You are married?" He asked. Oops I almost let the cat out of the bag...omg...Cat...Billu...okay bacchu I know a phattu joke.

Sid immediately hissed. "Sorry Chutki. Dev, Chutki's husband is no more."