2.12 | Playful Side + Seven Lives + Restoring Balance

Start from the beginning

Now, I remembered that incident. The person I had crashed into. I didn't know it was him. "You saw me buy the drink. Then, answer this. Wouldn't a person who buys a shot finish it at the bar instead of taking it to the dance floor?"

He considered there and concluded, "So, it wasn't for you. Then?"

"That is not important. You have the answer to the question you truly wanted to know."

He looked like he wanted to protest, get it out of me, but eventually decided to settle. Wowzie. Arnav Singh Raizada was truly changing. He was learning the ins and outs of negotiation and compromising. I did not think I would have ever seen the day, but... lately, he does keep surprising me with his new layers.

Perhaps, it is what prompts me to continue. "Wanna know a secret?" He looked up from his pizza, placing the slice on the paper plate. "I'm allergic to alcohol."

His brows narrowed in confusion. "But that night in Goa..."

I shrugged my shoulders, "I wanted to defy you. You kept pushing me."

He shakes his head to convey disapproval. "Khushi, no matter what the other person has done, you do not put your life in danger for a show of rebellion. Life is not meant to be gambled with like that."

I answered in a soft tone to get him to drop that irritation that he may have a right to feel, "Hey, I know. I get it. Life is precious and all. I have done some stupid careless things in life that I am not proud of. And, you know, I did not tell you this so you could be mad at me."

At my words, he seemed to understand and lets out a breath to release his anger. In a much calmer tone, he questioned. "When did you find out you were allergic to it?"

"Remember Valentine's Day party when I fainted and you took me to the hospital?"

He nodded. "But I thought that was sleep deprivation?"

I clarified, "Yes, but also not having ate enough and drinking a bit of spiked juice at the party."

He inhaled sharply, affected by everything I was telling him and maybe it is slight fear I spot in his eyes. "I didn't know. I'm sorry, Khushi. After getting you to the hospital, I left again."

I answered casually to assure him, "Hey, it's okay. We were still fighting then. I don't blame you. Atleast you still brought me to the hospital despite how things between us were." I scoffed to myself on connecting a dot, "Guess you were right, huh? You never stopped being my friend."

He forced a smile on his face which I didn't understand. He should be happy I was acknowledging my faults and giving him a point. Clearing his throat, he spoke. "I'm glad your eating habits have improved atleast."

Being in the mood to be openly sharing, I tell him one more secret. "Ah, you have yourself to thank for that."

"Me?"

"Mhmm." I answered quickly chewing before swallowing and elaborating. "All your messages back in college to remind me to eat... as annoying as I found it, they did remind me to eat. And when you did stop... well, let's just say Kripa and Riddhima took over. I guess that means I owe you a thanks, huh?"

He shook his head, locking his eyes with mine with this unreadable expression. "You don't owe me anything, sweet pea."

I slightly reprimanded, "Arnav, learn to accept credit where it's due. As much as I never admitted it then, I did need help and you were there in every way."

"And made things worse for you."

I pressed my lips together because I could have said that was not the case but that would have been a lie. So, I offer a compromise, "Maybe... but as long as we learn a lesson, right?"