payback

It was officially Christmas break so it'd been about a month & a half since Shad was killed. Roc's mom accepted Ci after telling her Kle & Shad were back & being abusive & controlling again. Ci, my best friend jasmine, & I, were currently shopping for some Christmas presents for the boys. We walked into the sports store looking at foot balls & basket balls since they wore the ones they had completely out. After that, we headed to champs to get shoes & shirts to match them. Once we got done breaking our pockets for those losers, we headed home. We left the gifts in jasmine's trunk because they're too nosey for their own good & wasn't going to be able to have them anywhere in the house. Jasmine is Rays girl btw. Once we got in the house, Ci started on my hair for the date Craig & I were going on later that night. Btw, my parents still haven't caught on and we don't plan on letting them. The door bell rung & since Ci & I were occupied, jasmine went to open the door instead.

Jasmine's p.o.v.

I trotted down the stairs & headed for the front door. I was too mad them negros had me opening up THEIR door to THEIR house. Smh. Niggas these days. I opened the door & saw some brown skinned short girl standing there. I just couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then it hit me & I got kind of scared. It was Shad's sister, Erica. She never liked Miya & I knew that was probably why she was here since Miya got Shad killed. I snapped out of my daze when I heard her yelling.

Erica- damn wtf is your problem?

Me(scrunching up my face)- Ummm... Anyways. What do you need?

Erica- is Miya here?

Me- why?

Erica- because I need to talk to her about something.

Me- Miya doesn't want to ta-

I was caught off guard by her digging in her purse and damn near had a heart attack when she took what was in it out.

Miya's p.o.v.

I was looking in the mirror at my hair for a second while Ci stood behind me fluffing out a couple of curls. My room door flew open catching Ci & I off guard so we jumped a little. Ci relaxed when she saw that it was just Jasmine but I could tell something was wrong.

Me- Jasmine... Are you okay?

A few tears fell from her eyes & I ran over to her while Ci fussed at me for moving. I grabbed Jasmine & hugged her.

Me- what's the matter?

Jasmine- d-d-downstairs s-s-she's downstairs..

Me- whose downstairs?

I didn't give her a chance to answer & instead, ran down the stairs. The person I saw standing there really pissed me off & I knew exactly why Jasmine was so scared. Erica's dumb ass hit Jasmine with her car on accident while she was rushing to chase after her boyfriend back when we were 13 & has been afraid of her since. Jasmine took off out the house & didn't look back not once & I didn't even blame her. I was anxious to see what she wanted.

Me- what are you doing here Erica?

Erica- you had my brother killed. & for that I feel like you deserved every hit he ever laid on you.

Me- are you fuckin kidding me? How would you feel if somebody you were in love with you beat your ass on a daily basis?

Erica- our stepfather used to abuse us so I know how it is.

Me- ok then so what the fuck you mean?

Erica- that's no reason to have him killed Miya! That was very inconsiderate to our family! So I'm here for payback.