When it was almost time for lunch though, after an hour or so of filming, things took on a weird turn. They were all still on set, the actors on their break while the technicians changed the scene to prepare for the afternoon part of the filming. Andrea sat leisurely in a chair as Krislynn frantically waved a fan to cool her off. Jane was reattaching the loose strands of her hair and Baby was wiping off some makeup when a delivery boy suddenly came on the set holding a single red rose with an extravagant bow tied around the stem.

Baby was the only one in the group who noticed him and with half-interest watched him say something to one of the crewmembers and then get directed over. About a couple of metres away, Andrea looked up and noticed him walking towards her. “I have a delivery,” the boy mumbled, intimidated, having been only seventeen or eighteen.

She rolled her eyes at him and held out her hand. “Only one rose? How pathetic. Whatever. Give it.”

“Oh,” he said, blushing at her hostile temperament. “Well, giving one rose has its own meaning too. In a way it means ‘only’ so it’s a sign of devotion and loyalty. Either way, you’re really special to someone Miss Krislynn.”

Andrea pulled her hand back at the name, her face transfixed with an expression of disgust. “What’s that supposed to mean?” She snapped. “I’m not Krislynn!! It should be Andrea! Andrea Parson!”

The boy stepped back in fear, his cheeks growing even redder than before. “I– I don’t know!” He stammered. “I was only told from the shop owner to deliver this to a Krislynn R.”

“Then you got the wrong girl boy!” Krislynn almost tripped over in surprise when Willow grabbed her shoulders and pushed her toward the teen. “Krislynn right? Then it’s this one over here the rose is for.”

“Oh.” In a state of mortification, the feeble looking thing quickly handed the rose to her before making his escape, leaving Krislynn flabbergasted by the sudden event.

“Ugh. I should have known,” Andrea snorted. “One stupid flower? What kind of person would send something so lousy to someone as remarkable as me?” Her bold statement sent everyone around her rolling their eyes except Krislynn, who was completely pleased with her present, and Jane, whose personality was too sweet for such an action.

“Bet it’s from Chase,” Willow said in a subtle effort to put Andrea back in her place. The suggestion made Krislynn pink with happiness and Andrea red with anger.

“Do you think?” Krislynn asked, looking across the set to where he was working out some technical stuff for the next scene. It did seem like something was amiss about him all morning…

“No way!” Andrea shouted. “He’s never sent me anything all the years we’ve dated! Why would he send someone like you anything!” She crossed her arms and took a deep breath when she realized she was screaming and people were starting to stare. “And even if he did send it,” she added with gritted teeth, “who cares? Its just one stupid rose!”

Just as the words came out of her mouth, another man came onto the set carrying a bouquet, and in the same fashion was directed to their group. This time, the man had the word Bloomers printed across the front of his uniform and held a bouquet of a dozen red roses in his hands. “I’m looking for a Krislynn?”