25. friends

Taehyung sat at the dining table with Jungkook, waiting for dinner to be served. The boys sat next to each other on the side of the table. Taehyung was looking down at the piece of furniture, sitting silently. He could tell from the corner of his eye that Jungkook kept looking at him.

"Are you enjoying yourself so far," Jungkook finally asked.

Taehyung nodded and smiled.

"Yeah. Thanks again... for everything."

"Anytime," Jungkook grinned.

All was quiet until Taehyung heard a creek from the other side of the house.

A man holding a briefcase entered the kitchen wearing a suit.

"Appa," Jungkook exclaimed when he saw the man.

"Hey, son," Jungkook's father said as the ruffled his boy's hair.

"Appa, stop embarrassing me!"

"Oh, sorry. I didn't realize we had company."

"Hello," Taehyung gave a small bow in his chair.

Before Jungkook's dad could reply, Jin came bursting out of the kitchen.

"Yah! Where have you been?! You were supposed to be back an hour ago! I told you we had a special guest coming over! Don't you listen to anything I say," Jin said all this while slapping his husband with a rag.

"Yah, yah! I'm sorry! There was a lot to do. Did I worry you," he asked slyly.

"Hush, Namjoon, not here," Jin playfully shoved him as he started kissing him.

"Appa!"

"Sorry," both men apologized.

Taehyung couldn't help but giggle.

"You guys make the cutest family."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Jin finally brought out the dinner. It was a full meal; spicy rice, kimchi and chicken.

When Jin put the food on the table, Taehyung couldn't believe his eyes. He'd never seen this much food before.

He couldn't wait to dig in.

Once everyone was seated, they all laid their eyes on Taehyung.

He looked around with his eyes.

"Well? Aren't you going to eat," Jin asked.

"I will once all of you take your's first," he replied.

"But you're our guest. We insist," Namjoon exclaimed.

"Why don't we all just do it at once," Jungkook offered.

"Sounds good," Jin said as he began to put the chicken on his plate.

Taehyung licked his lips as he grabbed a piece of kimchi. He also took a few spoonfuls of rice.

My plate has never looked so full.

He took his spoon and stuffed the spicy rice in his mouth. The flavours spread across his tongue.

Jungkook laughed when he saw his expression.

"Is it yummy?"

Taehyung, with stuffed cheeks, gave a big smile and nod.

As they were eating, Jin looked up from his plate, still chewing on the meat.

"Jungkook, you never told us your relationship with Taehyung. Are you dating?"

Jungkook's head jerked up, mouth open. Taehyung started choking on his food.

"No! We're not," Jungkook half-yelled with Taehyung's coughs in the background.

Taehyung gulped down a glass of water.

"We're just friends," he answered.

"Yeah," Jungkook agreed,

"Just friends."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Don't forget to check out my other stories 'drowning' and 'special Delivery' :)