19. friendly intimacy

Yes. Yes I'd love to.

"No, I-I couldn't. Your parents wouldn't even- I just can't. I'm fine here."

"You just say that because you want to comfort yourself," Jungkook explains.

"Besides, my parents won't mind at all."

Taehyung wanted to go with all his heart. He just didn't want to do anything wrong.

"Jungkook. I appreciate this a lot. Really I do, but it doesn't feel right for me to-"

That's when Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's hand.

Taehyung shut up right then.

He's touching me.

"Taehyung, please. Just for a day. And if it still doesn't feel right, then fine. You can come back here. Sound good?"

Taehyung, still staring and Jungkook's soft hand on his, bluntly nodded, mouth open.

"Really? Oh my God, yes!" Blinded by the moment of excitement, Jungkook pulled Taehyung into a hug.

Taehyung was a bit startled by the intimacy, but put his arms around Jungkook anyway.

Time stood still for a while.

They just held each other.

Realizing what he had just done, Jungkook quickly pulled away. His face was as red as a rose.

"Uh, sorry about that," the embarrassed boy said, smiling, as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Don't worry about it," Taehyung replied.

"We're all friends here."

"Right," Jungkook acknowledged,

"Friends."