Chapter 22 - Some Wanna' See You Crash and Burn

« Kellin »

The four of us boarded my dead uncle’s plane. It had just enough gas to get us where we needed to be. We packed pretty heavily, so we had to divide our belongings into four backpacks, which, luckily, I had under my back seat–what? Killing high school students came in handy sometimes…

Anyway, I had all of the weapons and torture devices and such. Vic had our clothing. Zack had his personal belongings. Tay had the things we took from the cabin, like food and stuff. She didn’t seem to mind. It wasn’t really heavy, so.

Once I made sure everyone was on the plane, I checked to see if we had enough parachutes; we did. We had five. I decided to keep my backpack on while flying so I wouldn’t need to go scrambling around for it later. Zack took the co-pilot seat while Vic and Tay sat in the back.

Okay, I didn’t give this plane enough credit. It was like a private fucking jet. If I weren’t flying this fucking thing, I’d be enjoying the hell out of myself back there, getting wasted and shit. Holy hell, now I’m jealous. I think that’s enough cursing for now.

Zack buckled himself in. I followed suit and started hitting all of the necessary buttons. I picked up the little walkie-talkie thing and pressed the button on the side so I could talk to the two in the back. “Vic, make sure the door is locked.”

I heard shuffling from behind me, the click of a lock, and more shuffling afterwards. “Thank you,” I said into the walkie-talkie. I heard a quiet, “You’re welcome,” come from him. Setting the walkie-talkie back on its dock, I closed my eyes, sighed, checked my back pocket for the note (it was safely there), opened my eyes, and slowly moved the plane forward.

While getting up into the air, everyone was silent; even Tay and Vic. I was okay with them talking to each other and stuff now that I knew they would never get together. It’s not like I’d let Tay leave my sight, now, anyway, to tell anyone about what’s going on here.

Finally, we got high enough into the air. I told the two in the back that they could get up and such now, and soon after, I heard the opening of the mini-fridge. Zack was still quiet, which I was mostly thankful for. I didn’t really know what to talk about with him. Honestly, though, I was wondering if killing Jenna had any negative effect on his mental state of mind.

“No,” Zack said suddenly. I had said that out loud? Oops. “I liked killing Jenna. She was more supportive of Alex and Jack just because they were in a relationship. I, however, was and am not in one, hence why I am here. She didn’t really care about me because I didn’t have a boyfriend to be ‘shipped’ with.”

“Dumb bitch,” He added after a minute of silence. I cracked a smile and laughed a little at his tone. Zack grinned after he saw my face. I hit a few more buttons and checked where we were. We were about a half hour away from the edge of our hometown. I planned to have us crash in the field on the opposite side of town, so we still had about an hour or so of flight time.

“So, you and Vic, huh?”

I blushed. Zack laughed again. I couldn’t help but smile a bit wider. The simple mention of Vic and I (or just Vic) was enough to get me to be happy, which never happened. Before I met Vic, before I kidnapped him, I was never happy. Ever. “Yeah. Just made it official back there.”