Chapter 18 - Smash

« Unknown »

I stormed up to the door of this wooden shack that Kellin had Vic in. I knew – I knew he had Vic. Nobody told me, but I just… knew. I bet everyone knew. That’s why Kellin (probably) killed all of the populars. They knew, they found out, and he couldn’t risk someone telling on his sorry ass.

I think Kellin was jealous of us. I mean, how could you not be jealous of the populars at Claremont? We had the money, the popularity, the grades, the athleticism, the attitude (both good and bad) – the looks, the style. I’d be jealous of me if I was Kellin.

My blonde hair whipped around my face as it started to rain. My fist subconsciously made contact with the door, demanding for someone to open it. I heard a truck rumble behind me – it was Kellin! I was merely assuming, though, because I couldn’t see who it was in the tinted windows.

“Hey!” I barked at him, waving my arms around. The truck door opened, slammed shut, and out walked… Zack? What the hell was Zack doing here? Was he here at his own free will? Who the fuck corrupted him? Stupid question, I know – Kellin was definitely the answer.

“What are you doing here, Zack?” I called to him, running my manicured nails through my hair, attempting to tame it in the forceful breeze. “Never mind that – get this damn door open so I can get Vic to safety!”

Zack ignored my request, however. He stalked up to me, lifted me over his shoulders, and carried me with an arm tight around my waist to keep me from falling. I instinctively screamed bloody fucking murder and hit his back rapidly with my hands, wishing it was any use. It clearly wasn’t.

I heard someone open and shut the door in the distance, followed by a faint voice. It sounded like they were saying, “Hurry up, Zack!” What the fuck? It kind of sounded like Vic – was it Vic? Maybe it was Kellin. Who knows?

My back suddenly hit something hard. My head bounced against it, too, making a sickening crack sound. I instantly felt my eyes grow heavy as Zack leaned down over me, a hint of a grin on his mostly emotionless face. Tears ran down my cheeks.

“Oh, are you crying?” Zack whispered, rubbing his thumb softly across my cheek. To say the least, it was anything but comforting. “That’s too bad – nobody should be sad in their final moments alive.”

Zack bashed my head against the cement I was on, making my vision blur. I slowly stopped hearing and seeing. My body went limp, but the tears just kept coming. Something warm and wet touched the back of my neck. It was blood seeping out from the back of my head. The last thing I thought before I finally ‘fell asleep’ was:

My hair isn’t meant to be red!

I know it’s short but there’ll be more soon. First person to guess who died will get a dedication and a spot in the story – don’t worry, you won’t die!