It's a fight to get through the people, having to dodge them, snaking my way to the door. Eventually I am able to make it through, finding my way onto the cool, wet street. The evening air has a cold dampness, a fine mist settles around me, slowly wetting my long blonde hair. My brother is around this town somewhere; I struggle to remember what he said that he was doing tonight. It dawns on me, my own stupidity strikes again, this is my brother, there is only one place he will be. A cool breeze flicks past my bare legs, making sure that I am aware that this dress is way too short for this weather.

"Pretty girl like you shouldn't be out on her own like this."

I turn around and see emo boy standing behind me, leaning on the street lamp.

"I am quite capable in looking after myself."

He smirks as he looks at a car that passes by, the water sloshing onto the kerb.

"No boyfriend?"

"I don't need a man to look after me."

"Of course, my mistake."

I leave him standing there as I continue down the street, as I turn the corner, I realise what I am up against... a vampire.

"What do you want?"

"I'm hungry."

His hand rubs his stomach, lifting the shirt slightly, revealing more of that pale skin.

"Well then you had better go and find yourself something to eat."

"I have."

I laugh, the notion that this vamp doesn't know what he's dealing with. Surely he knows how to pick them?

"I can assure you I am not what you are looking for."

"And how do you know that?"

I grin at him, flashing a little bit of fang at him.

"I see."

I step aside from him and continue along the path, passing many townhouses. The smell of someone cooking Indian food sends my mind into a flurry, wanting a steaming hot curry. That would be so awesome right about now. A young couple walk past me, wrapped up in each other, their coats thick to keep them warm. The smell of their blood overtakes the smell of the curry, now I no longer crave a curry, now I crave blood.

"You don't want to feed with me?" he says appearing at the next corner.

"I have already fed."

I wondered if he was in my mind, if he knew the couple had ignited a momentary blood lust in me. My mind was always well blocked; I had practiced that trick to the point that not even my parents could break into my mind. It was necessary if I wanted nights like this, otherwise I'd be stuck at home, most likely sitting in the den being made to read a book to learn something about the vampire's way of life. Neither of my parents knew I was planning on going to a club with Crystal. I was supposed to be at her house. It was sheer luck that my parents didn't talk to hers much and it was the only reason that we had nights like these. That is, if Crystal didn't get caught.

I find the apartment block that belongs to the tart that my brother is currently shagging. I don't use the word dating when it comes to my brother. He doesn't date women, he shags them until he is bored and then moves on. The light over the door hums, dozens of moth's flitter around it. As press the buzzer for the intercom it lets out a low screech, then a buzzing sound.

"Yeah." he grumps.

"I want to go home."

"God Lilly, I told you I was staying the night."

"Yeah well, Crystal has been found out, so I am by myself."

"Well go to her place."

"Would you stop being a jackass and drive me home."

"I don't think so."

"Jeremy..." I say ever so sweetly. "If you don't take me home now, I am going to press every button on this panel, waking all of your tart's neighbours and I am going to tell them how dad banned you from bringing her to the house because she couldn't be quiet when you shagged her."

"You wouldn't dare." he hisses.

"Oh Jeremy." I fake moan. "Oh you are so good."

"My god you are a pain in the arse."

Even from five flights up I can hear the door slam.

I hear laughing, I turn and see emo boy sitting on the brick edge of the garden bed. The plants around him dead or dying, the brickwork in poor condition.

"You are a naughty girl."

"I know how my brother ticks."

"Farewell young vampire, until next time." he nods his head and disappears down the street.