Part 4

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

Flashback

Aspen sat at the end of her bed, her arms wrapped around her waist. She wondered the same thing as all the children who lived in the foster home with her...

Why would my parents give me away?

She didn't understand why she wasn't good enough for them, why they left her. She just wanted a family. She wanted, she craved love merely because she had never felt it. Aspen was 6 years old and had never had a family.

Until one day that all changed...

"Aspen, someone is here to meet you." Amy, the owner of the foster home said, opening Aspen's door. The little girls head shot up abruptly. She smoothed down her t-shirt as she jumped off her bed and followed Amy into her office.

There, sat a woman with a baby in her arms. She was quite beautiful to Aspen. Her short brown hair, kind brown eyes, and a warm smile crossed her features when Aspen entered the room.

"Aspen." Said Amy. "This is Regina Mills. She's going to adopt you." Regina placed her baby boy down in his carrier and kneeled down to Aspen's petite height.

"You gonna be my mommy?" Aspen asked, smiling wider than she thought was possible. Regina laughed slightly, her brown orbs sparkling with tears.

"Yes dear! And you'll even have a brother. His name is Henry." She smiled. Aspen gasped, looking over Regina's shoulder at her new baby brother. Without thinking, she jumped into Regina's arms.

"I knew someone loved me." Aspen whispered. Her words broke Regina's heart and she whispered back,

"I always will."

Flashback over

Regina's face was stained with tears, her fists clenched as Aspen disappeared in the arms of a demented boy. The Queen sunk to her knees, gripping the dirt where her daughter previously stood. She kneeled there, replaying her daughters bravery in her mind.

"We will get her back." Snow said from behind Regina, making her blood boil with hatred. This time her anger wasn't directed at Snow, nor at the savior. It was Pan.

"He looked like he was going to kill her. He was furious." She mumbled, horrifyingly quiet considering how angry she was. Emma and her mother exchanged sorrowful glances. Regina's only daughter risked her life to find her family, not to save herself. To save Henry.