I smile at him. "What?"

"It looks just like mine," I reply, gently tracing over the design with my finger.

Inside his mind, I can feel Luka purring, feeling the sparks shoot across his body from the contact.

After a few more seconds of this we have to stop. "I'm going to take a shower before we head out," he says, pulling me in for a kiss.

I'm about to reject, but as the words are about to leave my mouth, I change my mind.

"I'll be heading downstairs, if you need me, you know where to find me," I tell him as he walks over to the bathroom.

After I watch Luka close the door behind him, I too start to make my way out, it's then that a slight shiver runs down my spine.

There's a reason I decided to change my mind about Luka having a shower before the battle. Just before I was about to refuse, I felt the reason Luka wanted to take the shower. It wasn't because he's feeling dirty or stinky. No, that's not it at all, it's because he's scared that this is his last one, and that was something I couldn't deny him.

***

Walking into the kitchen, my eyes suddenly ketch on the calendar hanging on the wall. I walk over closer, today's date jumping out at me. March, 29th, is what it reads. I don't know why but seeing the date rings a small bell in my mind, and makes my heart feel heavy.

I wonder what today is. I ponder for a moment, then I shake my head. I don't have time, maybe after the battle, I can figure this out.

I snap out of my thoughts at the smell of someone cooking, I turn to find Shelby at the stove.

After a moment or two, she looks up from whatever she's cooking to me. Shelby then takes a whiff in my direction, she then arches one of her eyebrows towards me.

She must be smelling the slight scent change. When two mates mark each other, the partners scent will rub off on to the other, though the two scents are not mixed yet, that will happen after the third and final part of the mating process, the actual mating itself.

Shelby then smiles from ear to ear at me, she then comes out from in front of the stove. "What have you and Luka been up too Sophie?"

I smile at her. "I think you already know by the fact that I'm wearing some of Luka's permanent cologne."

Shelby closes the distance between us, wrapping me in a hug. "Congratulations, it's about time."

"Thank you very much," I say, pulling slightly away from her.

"How? I mean when did it happen?"

"After I went upstairs to check up on Luka last night," I reply. I leave out the part where Luka admitted he was scared, and everything said before the marking.

"Umm, Sophie," Shelby says, sounding a bit hesitant. "Would you mind showing me how it felt when Luka marked you?"

This takes me aback. Now my turn to be hesitant. "I don't know Shelby. It's not that I don't trust you, I do it's just those emotions are, they're kind of private you know."

Shelby hangs her head slightly. "I understand, she then says, her voice sounding somber.

At the sound of her voice, my heart aches. Should I really let her in on emotions that run that deep? And even if I do, will she inform the pack about what I felt on that night? What if Ace finds out and holds it against me today? I shake my head. No, no, she wouldn't do that. She said it herself on the night she showed me her secret, she loves this pack too much to pull something like that. This is Shelby we're talking about, she's kept secrets for me, I've kept secrets for her, She's my best friend, I can trust her.