"Understood Alpha," both the brothers say.

"Alright, does everybody understand everything I've just said?" I ask.

Everyone nods or gives a word or two.

"If anyone has any objections, I want you to speak up now," I say, and the room goes dead silent.

After a moment, I speak up again. "Alright, one final note before we're done here. We don't know when exactly Ace is attacking, all we know is it will be sometime soon from what Misty told us, the odds are more likely than not, it's probably going to be a blood bath when it does happen, but I hope that I and my pack come out of this fight with as much minimal collateral damage as possible."

My train of thought is broken by someone tapping on my shoulder, I turn to see Luka staring at me. Just by looking at him, I can tell that something's not right.

"What is it?" I ask simply.

"Sophie, can I be excused?" he asks me back, his face looking pale.

"Yes of course," I reply, not wanting to push the matter.

Luka then scoots his chair back and gets up from the table, but as he's about to walk away, Elliot stops him, I keep an ear out.

"Are you feeling okay bro?" Elliot asks him. "You're looking like you're going to puke."

"Huh? Oh, no nothing's wrong Elliot, I'm just tired from today. "I'm going upstairs early for the night, goodnight Elliot," Replies Luka. I then listen as the two brothers perform their secret handshake.

"Goodnight, Luka, sleep tight," I hear Elliot tell my mate as he gives him a hug.

I then hear Luka thud up the stairs one step at a time

Once I know he's on his way to our room, I speak again.

"With the threat of Ace looming around the corner, all we have to do now is wait for him to make the first move."

Suddenly hit with a case of curiosity, I end the meeting and thank everyone. I then get up from my chair and go upstairs to see what's really bothering my mate. Going to bed early is normally not like Luka, not like him at all.

An image of Luka's pale face flashes through my mind as I climb.

When I enter our room, I expect to find Luka asleep, instead I find him sitting on his side of the bed looking scared. I walk over towards him, I don't bother getting his attention, he already knows I'm here.

"I came up here to check up on you. What's up, are you sick or something?" I ask softly.

Luka looks at me his eyes far off, like he's lost in his own little world. "No Sophie, I'm not sick. Well, not physically anyway," he replies, coming out of his trance.

"Okay then, if that's the case, what's on your mind?" I ask, and then I add. "Cause whatever it is, I'm sure we can get through it, like we always do."

Luka turns back to the wall and thinks about it for a moment.

"Come on Luka, we're mate's you can tell me anything you know that." "It's okay, you can trust me, there's nobody in this room but us," I attempt to comfort him.

Luka turns back towards me. "I know I can always count on you Sophie Jane," he says, a bit of his normal color returning to his face.

"That's what I'm here for Luka," I tell him, a smile spreading across my own face. "So what's the problem?"

Luka then lets out a sigh. "I'm terrified for the fight. I don't want to see everyone I know or love die, if you, Elliot, Aunt Sherry, Shelby, your Uncle, or anyone else gets killed in this fight, I'd don't know what I'd do," He then says.