Chapter 23 Elliot's Heart

Start from the beginning

"Hey Sophie, is it time for training?" He mumbles.

I shake my head, "No, Luka and I are early again this morning." "Elliot, did you fix all of these drinks last night?"

Elliot nods, "Drinking that stuff is better than drinking water when you're training for an upcoming battle."

"Did you do this all by yourself, or did you have help?'

"Actually, Dylan helped me, After Angie and the others left, Dylan and I went to the store for the ingredients."

"Oh, where is he now?"

"Around two this morning, I asked him to go home, he was looking pretty tired."

I smirk a bit, "That's the pot calling the kettle, Elliot have you seen yourself in a mirror this morning?" I joke.

Paying no mind to my teasing, Elliot brings his head off the counter and stretches his arms out. "Well Sophie, I'm going to start heading to the main part of the center, so that I can be ready when your Uncle and everyone else gets here."

Elliot then gets off his chair, and then sways from side to side a bit before he regains his balance. Just before he can walk out of the kitchen though, I stop him.

I then make a small suggestion to him, "Elliot, instead of training now, why don't you go over to the first aid station and take a snooze?"

"But your Uncle, what am I going to tell him when he gets here?"

I think about this for a quick moment, "I'll cover for you, besides, my Uncle will understand. Trust me, Elliot, I've got you covered"

Elliot nods, "Thank you, Sophie, I owe you one"

I smile, "Come on, I'll take you over there now."

Elliot slides an arm across my shoulder, "That would be swell."

I then walk out of the kitchen, partly walking and dragging Elliot with me, I look up towards Luka. He's just standing their staring at us, looking for an answer, I stop real quickly and give him one.

"Elliot's been up all night, he needs some sleep," Luka nods, I start walking again.

I take Elliot into the first aid station and put him in the bed closest to the door, I then reach down and start to pull the covers up. As I do, I say to him.

"There, now don't you worry about a thing, you have nothing to worry about," I then get up and start to make my way out, "See you in a few hours."

Once I softly close the door, I get back to the task at hand, the water bottles. I walk back into the kitchen and open the fridge again, I am about to grab two of the water bottles but I stop myself. The corner of my eye catches on the boxes of homemade electrolyte drink. Well we can't let Elliot and Dylan's hard work go to waste, now can we?

I walk over to the box in the corner and grab two bottles, on my way out, I close the fridge door with my foot. As I walk up to Luka, I hand him his bottle, he takes it, gives it a small whiff, and then gives me a confused look.

"What is it?"

I stand beside him and then unscrew my cap, "its homemade electrolyte drink," I then lean my head back and take a huge swallow.

I see Luka unscrew his own cap, but unlike me, he only takes a small sip, I then see his eyes light up a bit.

"Orangey" he says, but only after he swallows.

"I know, right?" "You can also use Lemons, limes, pineapples, You know pretty much any fruit you want, I only use Orange because it's the flavor most people always go for," I take another swig of mine.