26 - Heartbreak ice cream.

Vanessa 🌻

"Because I'm engaged."

My heart dropped to the deepest pits of my stomach and my throat went dry. I stared back at drake, hands starting to shake.

"You're engaged?" I repeated, feeling that familiar heart shattering feeling inside my chest.

You're fucking kidding me.

He nodded. "This thing we've got going on between us is nothing."

Shattered.

"This isn't love."

I'm such a gullible idiot.

"We were just strangers,"

Why me?

"Aching to feel something."

I hate you. I hate you.

"Turns out you were the only one that did."

I storm up to him, pulling my hand back as he stares back at me, expressionless.

"I'm sorry for leading you on." He whispered, eyes flickering with something that I couldn't read. I pulled my bottom lip into my mouth, eyes pooling with tears.

My hand fell limp to my side, hurt filling my entire body. A shaky sob leaves my lips, and I shake my head.

"You asshole." I spat through a weak voice. "Don't come near me. Ever again." I whispered, turning on my heel and rushing out of the park.

I unlocked my car, jumping into the drivers seat and slamming the door shut. Silence engulfed me, suffocating me.

I let out a loud sob, slamming my hands against the steering wheel. What the bloody hell is wrong with me? I'm such a naive dumbass. Thinking someone like him can be crazy about me, love me even.

"Fuck." I huffed, feeling the tears start to leak down my cheeks. I put my forearms up on the steering wheel, burying my face in them before crying my eyes out.

Why me? Am I seriously going to be that type of girl who is always cheated on and betrayed? Lied to? Its fucking disgusting the way guys think of a woman's feelings so damn carelessly.

We were just strangers, aching to feel something. Turns out you were the only one that did.

I lean back, wiping furiously at my eyes and shove my key into the ignition, bringing the car to life. I took off speeding. My emotions were everywhere.

I was in the middle of deciding whether I should be crying or not. I was angry, hurt, upset- but most of all? I felt so damn worthless.

How can someone just play with my emotions like that?

I thought back to all those nice things he said to me, how filled with passion they were. Then I thought back to that Natalie girl..

Is she his fiancée?