22 - Steal his heart.

Vanessa 🌻

"How did it go?"

"Vanessa, it's bad."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean she-" Thomas stops, completely choking up. "She had a fucking miscarriage."

My jaw drops, eyes widened. "What?"

It was silent on the other line for a while. "When I got to her house, Mrs Mathews was there and she told me to go back home." He explained, and I nodded.

He can't fucking see you dumbass.

"And?" I pressed.

"Kelly heard my voice from where ever she was in the house and she came running down the stairs. She jumped right into my arms and we just stood there hugging for god knows how long." My brother sounded happy at this point. "Her mom just stood there watching until we pulled apart."

Mrs Mathews never really liked Thomas. She didn't really have a problem with me, but whenever Thomas was brought up around her or she sees him she gets extremely cold and cranky.

It use to piss Kelly off.

"Then she told me she loves me and that-"

"Wait who, Mrs Mathews?"

"No! Kelly you fucking idiot."

"Oh, okay."

Tom sighed. "Mrs Mathews then tried to get Kelly away from me by telling her there was no point in getting back together- that I was going back to the USA anyway.."

"I told her to fuck off out of my business, obviously leaving her speechless, then I pulled Kelly out of the house and we got into the Ferrari I'm renting-"

"Ferrari? You're fucking with me right?"

"Shhh! Let me finish." He snaps.

I roll my eyes.

"Anyway, I drove back to the hotel I'm staying at and we talked it out. I apologized a thousand times and every time she told me she forgave me. Then the topic about the baby came up.."

"She told me that she lost the baby a few days after she'd arrived here. The doctors told her it was from stress and being upset. That maybe it was the anxiety she was feeling because of moving to a new country and leaving behind all her friends and her family. I blame it on myself. I was such a jerk you know..."

"Thomas that's not-"

"It most likely is Vanessa. Don't even bother denying it. Nothing will change my mind." I sighed. "Kelly tried reassuring me that it was okay, and that it just wasn't a good time for a baby anyway. I agreed with her but I obviously still feel guilty you know?"

He stayed silent for a minute or two before continuing,

"We had our make up sex-"

"Thomas!"

He snickered. "And I guess all is okay in my world.. Except for the fact that she's going to stay here while I come back to the US. I fucking hate long distance."

"Yeah, so do I." I scoffed. "Where is Kelly anyway?"

"She's still sleeping, I'm actually going to go wake her up now. We'll probably have morning sex, then I'll order-"

"I swear to fucking god when you get back I'm going to slap you so hard!" I yell at him and he burst out laughing from the other line.

"I'll speak to you later, I've got to go now." We say our goodbyes and hang up.